• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Tripster727

DOES THIS LOOK READY TO FRUIT?

Tripster727

Been in the incubator 7 days now... Have a few like this, and bigger projects behind just want to know if this is ready or i should wait. Hows it looking?

20181206_092241.jpg

20181206_092248.jpg

20181206_092236.jpg

Tripster727
7 minutes ago, Mushinist said:

Let it go longer to consolidate more, 4-6 days more. There's still quite a few bare spots in there. Shouldn't even check it for 10 days.

Other than that they are looking fine.

Alright bet. You are right. Thank you. Gonna put foil back on and put back in warmer room..Hope it aint screwed up now...OH SORRY I FORGOT TO MENTION I ADDED A TINY CASING LAYER TO IT CUZ THERE WAS SOME LITTLE WATER PUDDLES WHEN I CHECKED IT. Still put it back?? I do see some tiny millet seeds thru out. Honestly i didnt wait 10 days because of impatient and really because it was soo much spawn to verm ratio i figured itd be colonized now...

Okay im an idiot. Lol, that was the wrong pic that doesnt have a casing i did put it back in the IC though i think 10 days it should be beautiful. Unfortunately i obviously cased too early because the 1 im fruiting now looked like that and i cased it.. Oh well something will turn up.. Wait till i post pics. I have A HUGE ASS MONO colonizing, 4 dub tubs, a couple jars im just gonma fruit if all else fails

Mushinist

You can still incubate it until myc starts popping through the casing. Water puddling while colonization is pretty normal, and you can take care of that when you go to case by soaking it up with paper towels, don't case over the puddles.

• Like 1

Tripster727
1 minute ago, Mushinist said:

You can still incubate it until myc starts popping through the casing. Water puddling while colonization is pretty normal, and you can take care of that when you go to case by soaking it up with paper towels, don't case over the puddles.

Thanks for the speedy response. Thankfully I was smart enough to use a tissue to dab the puddles they weren't bad. I know why it happened when i prepared the substrate was a lil too wet, a little over field capacity. I have fixed that now..Im excited to have a bunch of healthy myc. Fresh coming back to the hobby 12 jars 2 contams not bad. Also its hard as hell to regulate temperature its dam snowing outside and i live in a 100yr old house 😆. Sweet though will do. Lookout for my update

• Like 1

Stipin
4 hours ago, Tripster727 said:

Honestly i didnt wait 10 days because of impatient and really because it was soo much spawn to verm ratio i figured itd be colonized now...

Once you get passed being impatient and always checking everything you will see exponential growth at a faster rate. I was the same way and once it got old and I just let things be then they colonized much faster and much healthier. 👍🏽

• Like 1

Tripster727
19 minutes ago, Stipin said:

Once you get passed being impatient and always checking everything you will see exponential growth at a faster rate. I was the same way and once it got old and I just let things be then they colonized much faster and much healthier. 👍🏽

Yeah im right there. Won't be checking on em for a good week maybe longer, then i will post results. 

aqudoc
3 hours ago, Stipin said:

get passed being impatient and always checking everything

Also greatly reduce your risk of tam

• Like 1

Tripster727

Hey guys I got a question. I have this bad ass thing, its like a humidifier you put oils in it and it has a vapor, what if I didnt put oils just WATER. I could put it in a tote or make some kind of GH.. I dont know how id go about fae tho and how long it should stay running etc..just a thought what y'all think?

Tripster727
On 12/6/2018 at 9:52 AM, Mushinist said:

Let it go longer to consolidate more, 4-6 days more. There's still quite a few bare spots in there. Shouldn't even check it for 10 days.

Other than that they are looking fine.

So you think it'll still colonize fine? The 1 i already checked to soon and cased i just put in fruiting conditions, it seems like myc is popping thru the casing layer a little fluffly going on, my fear is that it wont ever colonize the bare spots or fruit

Mushinist

Should finish if you stuck it back into the incubator. If myc poppin through the casing then should be ok, hope to see some fruits!

• Like 1

Tripster727

Me tooo mann long time in the making, everything is right on time super fluffy white myc, i didnt bother looking at the others and risk messing them up ik were they're at... Me too I hope to see fruits. My fruiting room can get cold sometimes cant really help it. Its either hot ass room or cooler room. I haven't had any groqs where i didn't get fruits or failed so we should all be seeing some fruits soon, fingers crossed

Thank you for responding. Keep an eye out, i will not post anymore until i have fruits or a outcome.to this grow lol 😆

Tripster727

UPDATE.  So its day 10 for another tub, i check today and, there is a ton of primordia and also a bigger pin growing already!! Im assuming its fruiting already from checking on it too early so i got more fae and those co2 levels depleated also maybe strain? but hey i can't complain!  Thanks to all your guys help, all the tubs are gonna be bo00min soon. Im starting to lightly mist and fan the 1 with pins im gonna let them get a tiny bit bigger and put the other tub on it. This will be epic and Im doing all different types of projects, casing not casing, holes no holes. We can compare results and what not

• Like 1

Tripster727

20181209_153017.jpg

• Like 1

Tripster727

Hes a lityle fatty, heh

20181210_113151~2.jpg

• Haha 1

mushmouth

No casing bud!?!?

He's a fatty.

• Like 1

Tripster727

No casing! Im stoked i can actually see a fruit. I had 2 tubs th3 same this 1 and another i fruited the other 1 too soon and cased it, this 1 was already pinning when i checked it after 10 days!! So im trying to give this lots of fae and rh all that lol 😆 waiting for the other projects to catch up

• Like 1

mushmouth
4 minutes ago, Tripster727 said:

No casing! Im stoked i can actually see a fruit. I had 2 tubs th3 same this 1 and another i fruited the other 1 too soon and cased it, this 1 was already pinning when i checked it after 10 days!! So im trying to give this lots of fae and rh all that lol 😆 waiting for the other projects to catch up

Ahh. I see now. You're trying a bunch of things. After flushing that fatty, go ahead and case that tub :D

• Haha 1

Tripster727

Lmao i will do that! The other tub is cased.. Just waiting for it to fruit!!! I got a huge ass mono that is almost colonized, im gonna put wax paper on top of the sub so i dont get plastic and what not and use a hot can and melt some holes and use tyvek double maybe triple tyvek unless i can get time n get polyfill or you guys think i can just leave the lid ofd centered and gapped? I can mist and fan if i have to... I will keep y'all posted lmk wat ya think 

They do look bare without a casing.... Oh well 

Tripster727

Yeaaaaaaah buddy

20181211_132529~2.jpg

Looks like a lot of colors because i had to edit the picture so the pins stood out, alls clean 

• Like 2

Tripster727

These guys are fat af now!!! Been keeping up ideal conditions. Ill probably slack more on the other totes. Freaking awesome tho, ill keep you guys posted. I have a feeling they're gonnanbe stupid big in the morning

• Haha 1

Tripster727

Did I say fattt?! I meant big boned : 0

20181212_221806.jpg

Tripster727

UPDATE* These fellas are seriously obese, biggest pins I've ever seen

20181214_115422.jpg