• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Spore

Z-Strain Monotub first try

Spore

After much deliberation I decided to try a monotub.

I’ve been experimenting with pf tek for almost a year and making my own spore syringes and I think I’ve pretty much mastered that so the next step was natural.

I’ve only ever used 1 type of cubensis, Z-strain.

It’s just what was available at that time, no real thought behind it but it’s been very easy for me to get results with.

I used Spelt grain and teamed that up with Daimons 50/50 tek. (Coir+Verm)

Standard monotub design, black back ect. 

All he prep went well.... or so I thought

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Zild10
    • Bill Cozart
       Hey guys, Iv'e been sorta practicing with agar(in 1/2 pt jars), I've isolated a few sectors from a couple cube varieties and am growing each isolate out to see which gives big flushes/fruits, and I'll take clones and make a mono culture for the genetic strains I like and make master cultures.  That's my plan, but I already have like 15 "donor" jars(I'll be buying petris eventually) that I took sectors/fruited from, so what do you "real mycologists" do with all the damn extra mycelium?  I couldn't possibly noc-up and fruit out all these globs of myc I have, but I hate to kill it by tossing it.  if anyone can think of some cool ways to use it for experiments or a way to utilize it for fruiting out in a huge tub, or layer it in straw, or preserve it, please post your ideas in this thread, I hope to see some creative ideas posted on here!  Winter is cold as hell where I live, and if I toss it in my garden compost, maybe it would survive the cold and go dormant until spring, then thaw out and colonize the compost in my garden.  I have thrown old cakes out there and they started pinning then frost killed em, could mycelium survive freezing outside and then thaw and live?   Thanks, "real mycologists".
    • Moonphase
      I'd wait.   
    • Alias
      Are the possibilities endless? Or should we be boring and stick to what we know works... Some of this stuff probably has potential!
    • Borgfer4542
      At my local Lowe’s this was the only brand of peat moss they had. Is this ok to use or not?? I don’t wanna fu** up, I’m to close.