• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Clusterfuc#d

Looking for a cure.

Rezz

The Cure, that's some heavy shit man.

Mushinist

Welcome to shroomology Clusterfuc#d!

Sorry to hear about your condition, and I hope that we can get you growing to maybe find some relief. Sounds like you have a bit going on and I'm curious as to what strain you went with!?

Feel free to ask any questions that you need to ask as you'll find we are like family around here and everyone is always willing to help each other out.

• Like 1

Flawedprophecy

Firstly, welcome to Ology. :)

And we are like family here with great information. I have read about what you are going through. The help of mushrooms is real for cluster headache and many other thing like ptsd and depression. Micro dosing has helped alot of people but I would encourage you to do research on that and not take my word. But get some spores and grain and get to it man! Ask any questions you got and we will get you going 

• Like 1

Clusterfuc#d

Flawedprophecy, I have been gathering info on the topic for quite a while. There is research info on nih.gov website, and many other reputable sites pertaining to using hallucinogenics for treatment (experimental) in microdoses. I plan on starting out with quarter gram doses once weekly, and increase if necessary. Thanks for the  welcome and the input!

• Like 1

Clusterfuc#d

Mushinist, thanks for the welcome!  I'm starting out with golden teachers. I have heard that they less difficult than other strains for novice growers. I'm more concerned with successful propagation than potency. We shall see I guess?

• Like 1

Clusterfuc#d

Rezz, yes it is man, yes it is.

DirtBagDan

Welcome, hope you find what you’re looking for. I’ll be looking out for your posts

• Like 1

Clusterfuc#d

Thanks a bunch DirtBagDan. 

DirtBagDan

I started with gt, good place to begin 

• Like 1

Clusterfuc#d

phish,  I appreciate the response! I never even thought about capsules. Using them would be a great way to administer in measured dosages. 

My Neuro is trying her best to fix my head, but there are a lot of people in the same boat as me. No, or very little response to a long list of meds. Unfortunately, Neuros can't recommend trying "experimental" treatments, and most people wouldn't even think to go this route unless they looked at a lot of research. I haven't told my  Neuro what I'm planning on doing, but if I have improvement, I will be able to tell her how many mgs I was taking, and how often. Maybe more factual evidence could help someone else. I guess I will see what happens.

Patience is a hard thing to do.

aqudoc

I practice Chinese medicine.  FWIW I have had some success herbally w/ this condition.  The formula is called Ban Xia Bai Zhu Tian Ma Tang.  It is not a cure, if it is effective for you you will drink it until there is a cure.  I know most of the big players in my field all over the country (US) if I know a city you can access I might be able to steer you or you can just do a search on your own.  

Flawedprophecy

You can just call me Flawed bud. I am going to follow you and I want to see you make this work. And like we have said before if you have questions please ask, we are more than willing to help. 

• Like 1

mushmouth

Welcome to ology, Clusterfuc#d!!! I hope you find what you seek.

Yeatster

Welcome, from another fellow newb. I'm interested in your quest and hope you can find some comfort in your journey.

I'll be in the background with my pom-poms, cheering you on. Quietly. 

Clusterfuc#d

Welcome Yeaster, and thanks for cheering me on my quest! 

Clusterfuc#d

The first round of pf  tek jars seemed a bit dry, and no growth after 9 days, so i thought I screwed something up. I started fresh jars yesterday making sure the moisture content was better. I checked all the jars (the older ones, and the jars I did yesterday) to temp them and they are holding steady at 74 degrees. While checking temps, I discovered that overnight my "too dry" jars started to colonize., very nice surprise. The rye jars are doing well . No contam yet in any jars yet. SO FAR, SO GOOD.

Ok, first dumb question... The all in one grow bags( rye,straw, manure) which were in an incubator at 84 degrees are having mixed results.  The higher temp seems to have caused the bottoms to dry out and led to condensation at the tops. One is doing ok so far, but colonization was good in some sections but seemed to stall possibly due to dryness , so, I mixed it  up, and  the mycelium is spreading thru out that bag now.

The 2nd bag of the same type has less colonization, and the straw layer is showing a small amount of yellow sliminess.

I was wondering if the straw was starting to decay from the moisture oversaturating that layer as the moisture in the rye layer evaporated?

If I disturbed it too much due to my cuiosity and stunted the growth and freaked out the myc.

should I let it alone and see what happens, 

or if it is contam and I should immediately get it out of my house?

The first jars and  and bags were innoculated  with spores from a supplier who has notoriously clear syringes. The jars I did yesterday were done with syringes from a different supplier, and they were loaded with spores. I will find out how much difference that makes in a couple weeks I guess. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

mushmouth

What recipe did you use for the BRF jars?

Of course you now know that 84 if much too high. You can let the bags sit to see what happens, but at the first signs of color other than white, toss 'em. Pay close attention to the white tammy myc and you'll be able to spot it faster next time.

• Like 1

Clusterfuc#d

Lot of conflicting info on temps. Live and learn. Yes found out 84 is MUCH too high!  I was seduced by the promise of faster colonization time. Mistake. Probably contributed to bacterial infection because of it. I used 1,1,2 water ,brf,verm. I mixed the verm and water first and it seemed to wet so I added a bit of extra verm. Mistake. Did the water and brf first this time. Much better. I will stick to instructions I find here in the future, I would rather do it right than try to do it fast...no matter how much I am tempted to take shortcuts. Thanks!

• Like 1

Clusterfuc#d

Minor update, and another question...

Threw out both "all in one" grow bags. Both contammed.

The "too dry" pf  jars that were nocced about 11 days ago are still spreading, (slowly but surely)and contam free so far.

The pf jars I did the right way , and nocced 4 days ago with darker spore syringes, and set at the same temp (74), have almost caught up with the jars that I nocced 10 days ago, and spread is very ropy and aggressive. Also no visible contam yet. It is good to follow simple  instructions isn't it? 

I was wondering about opinions on auto tubs for cakes since I am asleep almost 12 hours a day, and at work most of the rest of the day. Not much time for misting and fanning. If I run an air pump with 10 small inlets at top of the perlite, (2 each short side, 3 or 4 each long side in an otherwise sealed tote , except for a polyfill vent near top) set on a timer to go on for 20 minutes 4 times a day, in conjunction with a bubbler for humidity  running 24 hrs, would that be even remotely adequate? 

I could do a tub that I caught in this sites cultivation section, but I would have to set an alarm to wake up to mist and fan a couple times. If I gotta, I gotta :-) maybe I will try both ways, one to make sure I have success, and the timer way to see if it works . I'm not afraid to lose some cakes in the name of science as long as I have a back up plan.(unless you think its just a waste of cakes even trying it)

opinions anyone?

phish

Forget those shitty bag kits lol

Ive found straw to tam out easier than anything else.

You can run the air pump to help subsidize your lack of fanning. It will help somewhat. Manually fan and mist when your available, but I wouldn’t bother waking up to do it. It’s not that critical.

I would run the hoses at a higher point in the tote, to avoid drying out your cakes by too much air hitting them directly at that lover level. 

A properly and thoroughly colonized cake WANTS to fruit . If you manually fan, and mist at 12 hour intervals ( along with your small air pump), you’ll do fine.

Just be sure to let those jars sit for 1 week after they look totally done, before you birth them . And don’t forget to rehydrate them with a 12-24 hour soak  for an explosive first flush

• Like 2

Clusterfuc#d

Shitty bag kits... Forgot them already. Got my wife a pressure cooker for Christmas.

Great! I will run the air pumps  higher, and manually mist and fan when I can for sure, I will still try to manage doing 1 tub each way, and keep the differences documented. 

Is it safe to wait till I see pins forming in the jars before birthing and  dunking,  ( will the dunking kill the pins and start rot) or just wait a week after they look totally done? 

phish
7 minutes ago, Clusterfuc#d said:

Shitty bag kits... Forgot them already. Got my wife a pressure cooker for Christmas.

Great! I will run the air pumps  higher, and manually mist and fan when I can for sure, I will still try to manage doing 1 tub each way, and keep the differences documented. 

Is it safe to wait till I see pins forming in the jars before birthing and  dunking,  ( will the dunking kill the pins and start rot) or just wait a week after they look totally done? 

Now there’s a man who knows how to Christmas Shop 😂 !!

Yes you CAN wait for pins to develop in the jar before birthing. It’s not necessary though. They will all colonize at slightly different rates. Some may pin in the jar and some may not. But once they start pinning in the jar , they start to get a bit stressed, and want out within a few days.

I like to birth mine all at once if possible, so that they fruit more or less evenly, and I can soak them all together post flush,for their next flush.

Just pick any little pins off the cake at birth because they will abort in the soak anyway. Don’t worry, there will be lots more where they came from

Clusterfuc#d

Thanks!  I will be happy  to eat  any pins if there are any to pick off before soaking. I'm planning on growing for microdosing anyways. ( mostly for microdosing :-) )