• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Upanatit1000

Need some help with my monotub questions

Upanatit1000

I have a couple questions I've done cake grows before I have a couple under my belt but it's my first monotub I'm doing Amazonian strain I think I put it into fruiting too early it's been 6 days since I switched over no pins not really any sign of too much not sure if I what I did honestly I got a couple pictures maybe you guys can help me or give me a little advice much appreciated

20181222_071053.jpg

20181222_071043.jpg

TStone

I  work with Amazonian as well, I normally see pins in 10-11days.  6 days is too soon 

Edited by TStone

Upanatit1000

Ok right on thank you does it look like i put it in to fruiting too early 

smoothcriminal

Are you misting and fanning? But yes give a little bit longer

Upanatit1000

Yeah every other day not really Fanning too much because I got a fan blowing pretty much on it or all around it I guess does it look to dry

TStone

Don't need a fan blowing on it, passive air exchange is recommended.  I case all my subs right before fruiting,  I don't even open the tub until first harvest ( modified tub) Not sure about misting schedules for uncased tubs. Slow Evaporation of my casing assists in a trigger for my pinning. Mine won't pin if casing is too moist. Again, it's only been 6 days,  I'd let it do it's thing for 4-5 days, unless it's  too dry.

Upanatit1000

Even if it is moist should I just go ahead and give it a nice misting and then leave it alone the fans not directly on it but it's like in a closet so I got it pouring it into the closet so it just works its way around not sure if I got a good setup just kind of made it up testing it out any recommendations or anyting will definitely be appreciated I got a 2 Rye bags ready their golden teachers I got the big 58 quart tubs can I just went and picked up a short 32 any kind of recommendations at all I would appreciate it honestly

TStone

If it's visibly moist, don't mist. You don't want it too wet, it won't pin. I'd leave it be for 4-5 days.

Upanatit1000

Do you mind telling me how you set up your box so that way I can be trying to do the same thing set it and forget it

magicman

Without a casing you have to keep the rh above 85%, so mist the sides of the tub and the bottom of the lid each time you fan. 

• Like 2

Upanatit1000

Right on i didnt case because i only had 50/50 staw hpoo mix didnt know how that do 

Upanatit1000

Also since i put into fruiting conditions should i notice more growth or anything seems like it hasn't done anything since the switched over 

darkvoyager
18 hours ago, Upanatit1000 said:

Right on i didnt case because i only had 50/50 staw hpoo mix didnt know how that do 

I'd recommend casing next time, I think its a little more forgiving and I like seeing the lil  mycelium spears pop up through the casing lol. I personally have cased, then left the lid off as often as im around and mist it when the casing is drying up/lightening once I see knots I slow It down. I believe they love fresh air but you sacrifice RH I have a humidifier running all the time for that but the casing looks bomb AF after just 3 days ill post a pic in second. make sure your poly holes are loose,

I think around this time you should start seeing knots but about 10/11 days for pins IME, again casing makes it easier to see first pic is after 3 days into FC (12/21) with a LOT of FAE humidifier on high misting as stated second is a picture of good knots on a casing (tray was half assed so I’m proud haha) last pic is the first one before I cased it, when I did you couldn’t see any white and look it now, on 3rd day hope that helps some 

59D17040-D0CD-4FF4-BA7C-A386EF362BBA.jpeg

CA956FB9-7353-4F2E-A5C0-D32FCC06469F.jpeg

48CD888D-296E-4ACB-8C67-D09365295D30.jpeg

Upanatit1000

Right on thank you darkvoyger i appreciate that I have the polyfil pretty loose I keep the lid on it most of the time but I keep a fan running I turned it off I'm going to just do it part of the time now I'm going to cased definitely next time will the 50/50 hp straw do alright for casing and sub

darkvoyager
20 hours ago, Upanatit1000 said:

Right on thank you darkvoyger i appreciate that I have the polyfil pretty loose I keep the lid on it most of the time but I keep a fan running I turned it off I'm going to just do it part of the time now I'm going to cased definitely next time will the 50/50 hp straw do alright for casing and sub

No problem.  I would do some reading on "late casing", but depending on how it goes maybe just let it run its course.

that would not work as a casing because you want it to be non nutritious. I use a "seed starter mix" many use jiffy mix same shit, basically peat moss and perlite, I personally zap it in the microwave inside and oven bag at field capacity to I don't know pasteurize? haha I've used one straight out the bag before but now I do the microwave thing make sure it cools to AT LEAST 95 degrees first or you'll risk killing the mycelium, leave lid off for evaporation it'll be warm but the evaporation is what promotes the pinning, mist as needed it'll turn light 

Upanatit1000

Thanks you have helped alot i think there popping now im pretty sure or just about can i ask you a question about making a print ive read alot but there are so many ways for everything all preferences idk if you have done that or not an i wanna start another tub any advice on hole placement

Mush Zombie
4 hours ago, darkvoyager said:

No problem.  I would do some reading on "late casing", but depending on how it goes maybe just let it run its course.

that would not work as a casing because you want it to be non nutritious. I use a "seed starter mix" many use jiffy mix same shit, basically peat moss and perlite, I personally zap it in the microwave inside and oven bag at field capacity to I don't know pasteurize? haha I've used one straight out the bag before but now I do the microwave thing make sure it cools to AT LEAST 95 degrees first or you'll risk killing the mycelium, leave lid off for evaporation it'll be warm but the evaporation is what promotes the pinning, mist as needed it'll turn light 

If you're doing late casing you don't know what a casing is for, how it works, or why mushrooms form primordia. In other words it does nothing but waste materials 

darkvoyager
4 hours ago, Mush Zombie said:

If you're doing late casing you don't know what a casing is for, how it works, or why mushrooms form primordia. In other words it does nothing but waste materials 

I thought it might help  but I guess at this stage it’s too late lol I’ve never late cased personally, 

Mush Zombie

Primordia is formed after the nutrients in the substrate has been depleted or mostly depleted. This is why we don't use things that have a lot of nutes like you would with plants. Second flush primordia is developed during the first flush. Late casing literally adds no value unless you are trying to prevent your sub from drying out due to low rh. Even then it's still not the best idea.

• Like 2

Upanatit1000

Awesome thank you mushzombie I used your idea bring the tub but I missed a couple holes as you can see not on purpose but still too late I will cased the next one for sure I want to see the difference

darkvoyager
19 minutes ago, Mush Zombie said:

Primordia is formed after the nutrients in the substrate has been depleted or mostly depleted. This is why we don't use things that have a lot of nutes like you would with plants. Second flush primordia is developed during the first flush. Late casing literally adds no value unless you are trying to prevent your sub from drying out due to low rh. Even then it's still not the best idea.

Thanks for that info. Does the Mycelium still continue colonizing a bit even after introduced to FC and cased? or does it stop and immediately switch into fruiting mode (wondering about the few spots that dont colonize due to condensed water pooling in a mono tub, under foil).

I don't think  I understand whats happening when the spiky/ Rhizo mycelium is poking through the casing, just getting a foothold I guess? not colonization.

dont mean to hijack the thread hope this is ok. 

Mush Zombie

Yes it still colonizes even in fruiting conditions. If you put a sub in fruiting conditions that is not fully colonized it won't fruit until it is or it will just contaminate.

• Thanks 1

Upanatit1000

Thank all you guys 

• Like 1

Upanatit1000

Heres an update lots of knots I'm noticing like the starts but I'm also starting notice on some of the pins there is bluish I do use Lysol a lot here's a picture

20181226_153612.jpg

e

20181226_153704.jpg

MysticMadness

No need to use Lysol once in fruiting. Fruiting doesn't need to be as sterile as the other parts of the process. Granted, you don't want to sneeze on your hands and then touch the sub or rub mold on it, but yeah..

• Like 2