• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mr.Mush

Zombie Tubs with perlite

Mr.Mush

So I ordered perlite instead of verm and used it in the bottom of a zombie tub. Should be ok right?

Thanks

MysticMadness

Get yourself some verm. You should be able to find it locally pretty darn cheap. The tek says:

If this tek is not followed exactly as it is written it may not work very well. The design, and environmental for this type of tub are VERY specific for it to work as seen in my pictorial. If you want to have as great of success as I do, please follow the tek in its entirety.

Perlite is not the same as verm. It doesn't absorb water in the same way. It simply holds it because of the surface area. If it were me, I wouldn't chance messing my whole grow up when that close to the end.. 

Mr.Mush

Well Damn, I ordered it by mistake and didn't notice until I was putting it all together. At least its only one tub. I have two mist and fan tubs going and two bags, so at this point it is what it is and I'll see what happens. I will order the correct stuff soon. Coarse grade right?

Thanks for the reply

Robotard

I have 5 z-tubs going. And I forgot to put verm in at all!!!!!!

However, they are doing GREAT. (Pics will be forthcoming, just hard to get a decent shot while enclosed be in tubs).

Only sharing this news cuz I believe if you build it, they will come!!!

Mush Zombie

Don't use that. Use a teashbag liner.