• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

OldManDan

Cambodian monotubs, first timer

OldManDan

IMG_20190209_222805.thumb.jpg.239396047707a719adc7c70460951c16.jpg

Looks to be fully colonized, I'm new to this though.  There was a few water puddles, I dabbed them off with paper towel.  Afterthought was that the casing would have absorbed the water no problem.

IMG_20190209_223010.thumb.jpg.bc31ad725ff1f7e07b6e96387266c2bb.jpgIMG_20190209_223019.thumb.jpg.658ce96ea277d50a7dc5ca12c7f84db8.jpgMVIMG_20190209_223650.jpg.0add73fb93d2e6d08bee3ee0b9d26e2c.jpg

casing is 50/50+. Depth is quarter to half inch roughly, put the extra casing I made on the outdoor project, we'll see how that does 😀.

Dimmer burnt out on the old led, got it to do white lights only at least, no reds.  I have a blue UFO I may try using if I can find the hangers around here somewhere.  I think because of the larger 80qt tote I used the air exchange holes are to high, to fix this next time I'll make extra sub.

• Like 2

darkvoyager
8 hours ago, OldManDan said:

There was a few water puddles, I dabbed them off with paper towel.  Afterthought was that the casing would have absorbed the water no problem.

Dimmer burnt out on the old led, got it to do white lights only at least, no reds.  I have a blue UFO I may try using if I can find the hangers around here somewhere.  I think because of the larger 80qt tote I used the air exchange holes are to high, to fix this next time I'll make extra sub.

cased two subs yesterday and those were literally my thoughts about the puddles lol 

I have the same tub as this I use 19 QTS of total sub. (6/7) QTS spawn. 

will post it later 

Evenevo

I ran into the same issue with my co2 exhaust holes. Had to use a 70qt. You're a few days ahead of me so I'll be watching closely for any corrections you attempt, if you do. Ill gorilla tape them closed and put another row below for the next round. 

OldManDan
19 minutes ago, 6spore6 said:

I love honey, but it will contaminate VERY fast on you... agar is the way to go, but honey is my pref. over karo. I know that being clear is a plus, but honey is sooooo nutritious. It just 'tams so easily...

You got more projects running than I do right now! lol. GO GO GO!!!!!

Oh, and I don't like to start my woodies on grain, but yours will do fine if you were sterile about it.

Have you ever thought about adding azomite to Karo? I used to use it to add a proper mineral profile to my organic grows.  I think I will give it a try and my next liquid culture Carroll water and azomite.  I think anything's nutrient-rich could possibly contaminate easier though

OldManDan

The reishi and Lions Maine I ordered both came as LC in syringes.  I just NOCd more LC with them, the honey malt recipe.   I have a few jars left over, I think I'll make a few different LCs. One with honey and azomite and one with Karo and azomite.  As long as the azomite settles to the bottom of the jar like malt does the jars should remain clear.  

On a side note since I was low on jars for my GT monotub due to the Tam (I also only started with 5 jars instead of 6), I made my substrate with an extra quart of verm and extra quart of CMC, and a pinch more lime.  I was barely able to close up the large oven bag after compressing the substrate.  It filled up the entire PC.  If this mix works I will just make this much sub for my next 80qt monotub.  I bought 4 more of those 80qt tubs shown above because I like the latches and weatherstripping they came with.  

Anyhow, I will probably let the GT incubate for 14 days because the ratio of spawn to sub is lower.  My closet is also in the 70 to 72 range now so they will take longer to fully colonize.

• Like 1

darkvoyager

how the tubs lookin lol 

Evenevo

Ye man how dem tubs be

OldManDan

MVIMG_20190214_065249.thumb.jpg.16ebd3f8ae1646fafce0fcc7fef1df19.jpg

Has cobweb mold.  Sprayed with h2o2 and removed a lot of the poly from top holes, maybe I had it to tight.  Or at least I think it was cobweb mold

IMG_20190214_065255.jpg

• Like 1

OldManDan

While I suspect this won't actually get rid of the cobweb mold because it's already growing in or on the mycelium at this point, I will attempt it anyways.  I am PCing new casing now.  I am  going to remove the old casing and replace it.  Because fuck it, why not.  The hydrogen peroxide does appear to be keeping it at Bay, but I won't be here for long periods of time to make sure I can keep it in check.  I have a feeling the cobweb mold will just colonize the nee casing too though.  If someone says it won't help at all I'll just save it for my next monotub.  I am PCing them in jars so they should be ok for another week?? I can always PC it again.

Also I NOCd 6 more wbs jars just to keep a good rotation going.  (Cambo)

Update on the 2 wbs jars I NOCd with the GT LC is that there are no tams visible yet, only mycelium.  Is it possible the Tam was contained to a particular spot on the agar since I only found 1 jar that was tamd?  Or will the green stuff take longer to appear then myc?  

Texas yellow cap jars are moving along nicely, and no tams in the pink buffalo jar yet that I fucked up while NOCing.  Only time will tell, but I will have other options if issues reveal themselves at least.  

darkvoyager

loose poly, cobweb strives in stale air 

OldManDan
23 minutes ago, darkvoyager said:

loose poly, cobweb strives in stale air 

I'll have to take it out tomorrow, I'm back at hospital with my wife for the night.  Hopefully she's getting out tomorrow.  I pointed a fan more towards the tub with the poly I loosened a bit.  Will remove it completely tomorrow.

• Like 1

Evenevo

Hows that mono coming? 

OldManDan
5 minutes ago, Evenevo said:

Hows that mono coming? 

No pins showing through casing yet, cobweb mold not as bad with more FAE.  I put a light amount of poly in holes now that in home for 2 days.  Hoping something happens or some pin shows.  I'm getting anxious.   

Moved all my when jars to the bathroom with a heater for quicker incubation until my wife comes home from hospital, which is still unknown when she will at this time.  Hoping to get 3 more tubs going in the next week

darkvoyager
1 hour ago, OldManDan said:

No pins showing through casing yet, cobweb mold not as bad with more FAE.  I put a light amount of poly in holes now that in home for 2 days.  Hoping something happens or some pin shows.  I'm getting anxious.   

Moved all my when jars to the bathroom with a heater for quicker incubation until my wife comes home from hospital, which is still unknown when she will at this time.  Hoping to get 3 more tubs going in the next week

I feel you man, my casing has spots of mic finally popping out around, im hoping the pins come soon its going on day 7. my best tub I had pins by now lol. so we wait for pins or wait for it to contaminate lol think I applied mine too mat like this time smh, think im going to give no casing a shot. 

hope your wife gets well! 

• Like 1