• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Justintime

Adding to substrate

Justintime

I've been curious about the molecule structure and I've been wanting to do experiments with the substrate.

First of all I was going to start with the PF Tek.  In one or two of my jars I wanted to add powderized Mimosa hostilis root bark. But now I'm wondering if it would be better to let the mycelium colonize first and then after add an outer layer of bark.

mushmouth

You should do this with the bark...

Ripples

Wouldn't it be less expensive and less wasteful to use the building blocks of life (amino acids) like L-tryptophan to experiment with? If you are experimenting to try and make a more potent cube, keep in mind cube max out in the desirable alkaloids. I'm sure you already know this though and are most likely just having fun with the idea and to see for yourself if it can be done. 

Like mentioned above, save the bark for an extraction. But do try an add tryptophan to your sub at about 1% of the nutritional content of your sub by weight. It is a waste to use more than that because cube will max out on the % of alkaloids no matter what you add.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now