• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Moonphase

Grow Log #2.

aqudoc

Glad to hear the 6Q dt is on your agenda, I think it will be good fit

• Thanks 1

Moonphase
1 hour ago, aqudoc said:

Glad to hear the 6Q dt is on your agenda, I think it will be good fit

Hope so!  Interesting to note one of the A+ cakes survived apparently.   Pins have a different look to them than the Corumba.   Well I'll be.   Check it out.  

IMG_2784.jpg

• Like 1

Moonphase

Fruited all of the Corumba cakes.   Got tired of waiting on those little ones to do something more.   5 cakes soaking.  Pretty disappointing results but better than nothing.   I may have to wait another 2 weeks and another flush before going on an excursion.   No bueno.  :angry:    

Moonphase

Today I picked off the A+ shrooms and put them on the drying rack.  Dried weight on the Corumba was 12g.   I'll need another 12-16g on the second flush. Keeping the A+ separate in case any of the grain jars in #3 make it.   Any excursion is 3 weeks away.   It will at least be warmer then.   

IMG_2791.jpeg

• Like 2

aqudoc
On 3/22/2019 at 11:55 AM, Moonphase said:

No bueno.  :angry:

It's education so it's all good bro and you're getting some mush!  Let us know about your 'excursion' :lol:

• Like 1

Moonphase

Experimentation is right.   Experiencing my first fails.   No fun.   All 7 cakes are back into FC.   A couple weeks and hopefully I'll have another flush.    More supplies have been ordered.   

aqudoc

Hey bro just found your grow log 3.  Sorry you're having some trouble here.  You've got more experience on PF cakes than me, though I learned a lot I still found them temperamental. 

Maybe you try making LC on your next round of MSS, maybe grow your own colony to pull from?  Could be a good way to test your vendor too?

BTW I learned it's 1C dry grain to 1Q.  After boil I lay them out on a towel for about an hour until they're cool to touch then pack them in jars, cover w/ foil and PC.

Moonphase

Cakes can be temperamental.   Trich took 3 of them this morning.   Now they are in the cake graveyard under the tree in the backyard.   And then there were 4.   This tek is about over.         

Whuuuuut

How did they turn out man?

Getting a dozen or so rolling right now(brf), searching around for methods. Anybody else experienced good results from specific ratios for casing cakes or should the casing teks for bulk be used on a smaller scale? I used 50/50 before with cakes(decent spotty results)didn't stick to all the cakes well after the soak, got some coir also for my (side project) but let's see some pics!

1553974843268-1676006488.jpg

Moonphase
On 3/23/2019 at 12:22 PM, Moonphase said:

Today I picked off the A+ shrooms and put them on the drying rack.  Dried weight on the Corumba was 12g.   I'll need another 12-16g on the second flush. Keeping the A+ separate in case any of the grain jars in #3 make it.   Any excursion is 3 weeks away.   It will at least be warmer then.   

IMG_2791.jpeg

Dried these separately from the Corumba.   Ate them a minute ago.   Might get a buzz.

• Like 1

Moonphase

Micro dosing is interesting.   Possibly even beneficial.   B)

• Like 1

Moonphase

Last 4 surviving cakes were dunked and put into the FC on the 8th.   Figure the last flush will be small.   So.   I pulled out the 11g dried Carumba that I got from the freebie syringe, ground them up and ate them.   6pm.   Might get a wiggle.   

Blech.   

Sonshyn
On 4/7/2019 at 9:25 AM, Moonphase said:

Micro dosing is interesting.   Possibly even beneficial.   B)

I’m a fan 

Moonphase
6 hours ago, Moonphase said:

Last 4 surviving cakes were dunked and put into the FC on the 8th.   Figure the last flush will be small.   So.   I pulled out the 11g dried Carumba that I got from the freebie syringe, ground them up and ate them.   6pm.   Might get a wiggle.   

Blech.   

Holy shit balls batman.   That was a cubensis?   I was off like a rocket!   In 15 minutes I was tripping balls.   Either that strain is double the strength of the Golden Teacher or I did one hell of a job growing those.   Feel lucky to be alive.    Mother fucker.    3 dimensional galactic octopus pinwheels.     

• Like 1

Moonphase

Never let it be said that a cubensis is a cubensis is a cubensis.    Who said that anyway?    

Moonphase

This grow is probably over.  

Moonphase

Not looking too good.   These did bruise green but stil.   Looks like the mean green trich.   Should I toss them?  

IMG_2800.jpeg

Sonshyn
15 minutes ago, Moonphase said:

Not looking too good.   These did bruise green but stil.   Looks like the mean green trich.   Should I toss them?  

IMG_2800.jpeg

Photo isn’t loading for me 

• Butthurt 1

Sonshyn

I can see clearly now ! And I don’t like what I see :( . These might be spent dude . Now that spring is here I’m seeing more tams too.

cest la vie

• Thanks 1

Moonphase

Burial will be at sunrise out by the tree in the back yard with the other tamed out cakes.   It was an interesting grow.   A very hard trip.   And I gained some more knowledge.   I'll need to increase the FAE in my tub while maintaining 5-10% more Rh.    Time to clean things up to get ready for the next tek with the 6qt dub tub.   Maybe a res tub if the Jalisco will finish.   

This tek is closed.