• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Sonshyn

Tried to follow the tek but I’m not sure about gettin to the 600 ml mark, I kinda just eyeballed it 

image.jpg

Mushinist

Looks pretty wet in there!

• Like 1

Sonshyn

They are fresh out of the pc idk if that means anything. 

Is there anything i can I can do like put them in the oven for a bit ?

Edited by Sonshyn
I had more to add
  • Butthurt 1

Sonshyn

Thanks,

I’m not sure what to do yet, I don’t think I can run my pc again today or Tomorrow. It might be next week before I can do that. Right now I’ve got them in the oven at 220. I gotta leave in an hour, might transfer them to a germination Mat To sit in for the rest of the day 🤷🏼‍♂️

27 minutes ago, 6spore6 said:

So, what I like to do is dry them off with a towel after soaking to capacity

I didn’t soak I PCd for 30 minutes 

Sonshyn
1 hour ago, 6spore6 said:

Which is soaking, if you used water... But if there is too much you have to get it out. If you open the jar, you need to PC again.

Don't break the kernels.

For sure I just wanted to clarify in case  that would alter anything . I had it in the oven at 230 for a half hour before I pulled it . I’ll check it in the morning . 

If I do put them back in the pc for 90 minutes again will the kernels break you think ? 

darkvoyager

damn thats wet as f id invest in some measuring cups they're cheap and worth it., 

I don't know  about drying out THOSE jars, id restart personally but I dont like to take chances lol 

Sonshyn
1 minute ago, darkvoyager said:

damn thats wet as f id invest in some measuring cups they're cheap and worth it., 

I don't know  about drying out THOSE jars, id restart personally but I dont like to take chances lol 

I was dumb and rushing things. I have a measuring cup that I could’ve used to help me gauge where 600 ml was on a jar. @6spore6 seems to think they were to wet when I put them in the jars and that the water isn’t from over filling. 

darkvoyager
5 minutes ago, Sonshyn said:

I was dumb and rushing things. I have a measuring cup that I could’ve used to help me gauge where 600 ml was on a jar. @6spore6 seems to think they were to wet when I put them in the jars and that the water isn’t from over filling. 

well 6spore uses a different tek. Personally, I do No soak No simmer with WBS and it works well for me. I do 2 cups seed .75 cups water now and I haven't had issues (I do that so the jar isn't stuffed 1 cup of water/50% fills it too much). shaking is crucial tho for the tek. But I cant imagine myself soaking and simmering spawn, never have and dont think I will. as of now anyway lol 

Sonshyn
3 minutes ago, 6spore6 said:

No... I didn't say that... It is def. from overfilling...

Well you didn’t not not say it... 

until now

Sonshyn
23 minutes ago, 6spore6 said:

Look. I'mma let up a little... I'm not feeling so friendly tonight... I'm sorry...

In the future... If you are going to follow a tek, then follow it. If you don't, then expect to have to start over. If you mess up, don't question how to fix it. Throw it away, and start over. This is NOT the hobby for laziness. Just give it all that you got, and give %120.

We cool?

Don’t worry my dude I don’t take people on the internet too seriously . 

I had a feeling when there was a little leftover in my colander that I could leave that out but didn’t. 

And if the kernels split I’m screwed? Hmm didn’t see that in the tek 

Sonshyn

Yeah I’ve done those before. I did rye bags years ago but unfortunately don’t live close to anywhere that sells bulk rye . Popcorn is the next cheapest thing for me . 

Sonshyn

In keeping with the need for exact measurements here is the 600ml mark since my jars don’t have it . 

54B6D7E2-AD4B-4B14-8EFB-E509E045CF48.jpeg

53758120-E34B-4A31-89F9-C83F32D23C7D.jpeg

After looking through this popcorn, I see a lot of splits and think I’ll start over. I had a conference call during the pc and when I came back it was up to 17psi. Think that may be the deal. I’ll have more time over lunch to keep a weather eye on it . 

image.jpg

Sonshyn

Yeah, I wasn’t initially to keen on it but. Maybe with the bucket system I can see that cutting down on time. I want to get a batch of jars going quick and then when they are ready g2g them . I thought popcorn would be easier . 

This is what I get for thinking lol 

i Lived by a feed store for decades and now I wish I were still there . But then again if I were I would also be surrounded by cow patties 

darkvoyager

I often see kernels pop in my WBS and I dont pay it any mind, works fine IME, as long as its not out the shells but that looked fine to me 

• Like 1

Sonshyn

This is the third go and I watched it closely my pc never went above 15.5 psi. And my pc was running for 30 minutes exactly. I’m still getting a few splits 

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, darkvoyager said:

I often see kernels pop in my WBS and I dont pay it any mind, works fine IME, as long as its not out the shells but that looked fine to me 

I don’t see as many as before but still... I’ll probably pick some out while it’s on the towels drying a bit. 

darkvoyager

I wouldn't even pick them out they look fine. hell id even use one of the old ones if you can just to experiment for yourself. as long as its not mash in there id say youre good 

peep my cracked millet. It’s always like this maybe cause of the tek. I PC for 90 minutes

FD101A2C-B4AC-4C7F-9B49-7491DAFE328C.jpeg

Sonshyn

When you soak you pc for 90?

darkvoyager
Just now, Sonshyn said:

When you soak you pc for 90?

I dont soak at all remember, I posted the tek I use. I was just saying

Sonshyn
6 minutes ago, darkvoyager said:

I wouldn't even pick them out they look fine. hell id even use one of the old ones if you can just to experiment for yourself. as long as its not mash in there id say youre good 

peep my cracked millet. It’s always like this maybe cause of the tek. I PC for 90 minutes

FD101A2C-B4AC-4C7F-9B49-7491DAFE328C.jpeg

You don’t pc the Millet for 90 minutes as your soak though right ??

I dont soak at all remember, I posted the tek I use. I was just saying

Riiiiiiight!

darkvoyager
Just now, Sonshyn said:

You don’t pc the Millet for 90 minutes as your soak though right ??

Did u red the tek I use? lol 

I load up jars add water then PC for 90 minutes at 15 psi. no soak no simmer right in the title lol 

• Like 1

Sonshyn
Just now, 6spore6 said:

Yep. You won't avoid having a few pop. As long as you don't see too many. Just don't let extra moisture stay around.

I’ve got them on a towel now and transferring to another towel. Then filling up to my 600ml mark and pc for 90

darkvoyager

oh my bad im answering something u didnt ask me LMAO sorry. ill blame it on the bong rips 

• Like 1

Sonshyn
Just now, darkvoyager said:

oh my bad im answering something u didnt ask me LMAO sorry

No worries. But I do have a question I’m pondering . 

Could you do the NSNS for popcorn just the same ? 2c corn 1c water I think is what I read ? Would I need to tweak that water amount for popcorn ? 

darkvoyager
5 minutes ago, Sonshyn said:

No worries. But I do have a question I’m pondering . 

Could you do the NSNS for popcorn just the same ? 2c corn 1c water I think is what I read ? Would I need to tweak that water amount for popcorn ? 

I don't know about that as the "field capacity" of popcorn may be different to WBS but thats just a guess since there are more or less grains in either one. 

I'd give it a shot with one jar, inoculate that see if it works and adjust accordingly. I'm sure after some tweaking you can find a good ratio, if not a tek already somewhere to use as a base. 

personally I do 2c seed 3/4cup water, seed inflates too much to shake comfortably otherwise and colonizes fine 

• Like 1

Sonshyn
3 minutes ago, 6spore6 said:

I too am ripping my bong as we speak... lol. Everyone uses different methods. Don't combine them. Just do one thing or another, but follow it perfectly. my way takes WAAAAYYYYYY more time. I just simply choose to be thorough.

I work with woodies... Of all sorts... I am just messing with cubes again to help out in the community. I'm about to release a trial with fruity pebbles though... Don't have any clue what will come of it...

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH..... Are you putting water in after they are already soft and soaked to PC? You don't need that if you are...

No no, the 600 ml mark was where the tek I read  said to fill your pcd corn to. After a good rinse that is. 

I'd give it a shot with one jar, inoculate that see if it works and adjust accordingly. I'm sure after some tweaking you can find a good ratio, if not a tek already somewhere to use as a base. 

personally I do 2c seed 3/4cup water, seed inflates too much to shake comfortably otherwise and colonizes fine 

Yeah I’ll try with one jar next time and keep a log of that.