• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

aqudoc

KSSS grow

Mushinist
1 hour ago, 6spore6 said:

And that is how you do it... :)

That was all him, don't let him fool ya!

• Like 2

aqudoc
4 hours ago, Mushinist said:

That was all him, don't let him fool ya!

LMFAO!!!  :facepalm:

• Haha 1

darkvoyager

nice job. that syringe dark as f I had to double take haha 

• Like 1

Mushski

I dig your set up! Will stay tuned.🤘

• Like 1

aqudoc

Watching the tubs closely, worried this could be tam, hasn't changed much from yesterday so leaning toward myc.  I have poor record of subsequent flushes to date, hoping the Martha changes things.  I had/have a hard time w/ clearing all the mini-pins when I harvest.  I like to get the harvest in one batch and then sacrifice the minis so I can move forward and keep things on schedule.  How do you go after those little  guys, I pinch 'em, but now thinking mayb hot scalpel or??

IMG_2373.jpg.89e37f99669c1e501161a208af14fe20.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg.1ac3ad0899e035ea2b20f407a7eb904e.jpg

• Like 1

mushmouth

Probably not the best way, but if there are a shit ton of them I rub my hand over the substrate then dump them out. After the first flush I can't be bothered with anything else, lol. I like to keep things moving as well.

• Thanks 1

aqudoc
26 minutes ago, mushmouth said:

if there are a shit ton of them

There were and after the soak I saw how many I missed and watching them shrivel just raises my tam paranoia.  I pretty much was trying anything by the time I pinched through, they held on tight! lol don't know if running my hand over them would hav broke them off fkn phish superprints lol

• Haha 2

mushmouth

You'll be fine. They usually shrivel up to nothing anyway.

• Like 1

aqudoc

OK I chill then thanks bud.  btw, got some syringes coming, one is Cambodian, I'm told your specialty ;)

• Like 1

aqudoc
53 minutes ago, phish said:

Keep fanning by hand and misting finely when needed to keep that casing just moist enough.

They're in Martha, internal fan kicks on w/ the cool mister, exhaust fan 2 min per hour.  Rh set to 90, temp @ 70.

55 minutes ago, phish said:

e ready for a killer flush !!

performing daily affirmations to the dehydrator lol 

phish

It wouldn’t hurt to open it up wide twice a day, and fan the opening with a big old tote cover or the like for just a few seconds for a real fresh air exchange.

The air is gonna get a bit stale in there, you’ll see. Trial and error got me to the manual fanning twice a day.

• Like 2

aqudoc

OK this was the total for the first flush fro 2 6Q tubs 

IMG_2366.jpg.69be4e84ecda594edc35b9477b2939fa.jpg

Here's today 

IMG_2376.jpg.8d6375bda310b66547dd95b2423cd7e0.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg.4bbea5988dc89af323a51fb5cb8a6906.jpg

I will collect the advanced fruit to make prints and wait a while longer than I did first flush to allow the canopy to form more fully and see what comes up.

I've increased some exhaust time and followed phish's advice to manually fan twice a day for a bit.

• Like 1

phish

Just fan for a few seconds bro. The goal is mostly to provide an entire air exchange in the Martha. That stale air can hang around, even with an exhaust fan blowing 

• Like 2

aqudoc

That's all I'm doing amigo, 10-15 seconds w/ a big tote lid!

Glad to finally see some action on that second tub, twas 11 days to pins.

I like a lady who makes you wait lol

• Haha 1

phish

How deep are your substrates ?

aqudoc
14 minutes ago, phish said:

How deep are your substrates ?

W/ grain = 4-5Q in a 6Q tub... I dunno 5" maybe?

phish

Gotta be an optical illusion then, because they look to me like they’re just a couple inches thick at most. Even with the post flush shrinkage

aqudoc

I suppose you're right amigo!

I sterilized 11Q's sub  (I thought 12, but lost one in there somewhere after squeezing to field capacity) for a brand new 12 pack of Ball's and 4Q grain.

That's 15Q for 4 tubs, but course those grains were only 3/4 full so...More than 2" tho I'm sure.  Headed home now I'll fan, measure and report back.

Where you going on this my man?  Affecting my pin production?

aqudoc
1 hour ago, phish said:

just a couple inches thick

Good eye bro, 2.5" on the slower tub, 3 on the other.