Yum, the bottom looks like it's full of bacteria hence the gooey looking grains, and if it takes 2 months to get to that weak looking myc then something is wrong. With GT it should look more like a big cotton ball.
So I bought two grain spawn bags (from shroom supply). They took forever to grew the mycelium (almost two months). The first one was very weird so I just threw it away (sadly). The Second one is weird so I'm not sure if I should proceed with it.
There's white all over it but it doesn't look like mycelium but it doesn't look like mold either.
Can you guys help me please?
So the tek says you need an oven bag with a blue ship about 1/3 from the bottom of the bag, and a tyvek patch 2/3 of the way to the top of the bag that you tape on or use rtv.
My my question is it says to cover the patch with foil so the tyvek doesn’t get wet ... so just tape some foil over the patch or???
The 2 kits I tired had straw substrate. The first kit I had dozens of pins that stalled and one clump that grew quite nice. Big, tall, healthy specimens. I had some mold issues that ruined the 2nd one entirely. The pic I attached was early on kit 1.
Since I bought those kits, I've started reading and researching on this site and a few others. I've now got a few jars of grain PC'd and innoculated. I'm on day 3. I have all the other supplies as well and it cost me less than what the kits cost. HOPEFULLY, I'm on the verge of doing small bulk batches.
Stropharia Cubensis Cuban is the strain that was in the colonized jar that shipped with the kit and I managed to keep some of the spawned grain from it that I've used for the other jars I've started. My own version of g2g, I suppose. I quite liked the strain, very mellow an warm, not too potent.