• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

AmySorg

Blue cake. Dry?

AmySorg

It was made with bird seeds and bulk. Water and faning 3 times a day. Temp is around 63F - 66F (I'm in Massachusetts, it's pretty cold here right now) 

I thought it could be just bruise but I haven't touched the cake so Im not sure. 

Does it look healthy? 

20190211_155959.jpg

20190211_155931.jpg

mushmouth

I think it's bruising.

It's harder to keep high RH with lower temps like that. You should have cased that tray for sure, but keep doing what you're doing.

• Like 1

AmySorg

I'm pretty newbie at this and English is not my first language. 

Two questions:

What RH means? 

What exactly do you mean by "cased the tray" and why is that important? 

Thank you so much for helping! 

Maybe it's not perfect but I'm getting tons of good shrooms! But still, I want to learn everything that I can. 

• Like 1

mushmouth

Relative Humidity.

If you can't sustain RH above 85%, you should do this...

• Like 1

AmySorg

Just to make sure, that mix goes on the bottle of my substrate, right?! 

Evenevo

That mix would be sprinkled on top of your substrate until it is between 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick. right before putting into fruiting conditions, which is after your myc has fully colonized your substrate. 

13 hours ago, mushmouth said:

but keep doing what you're doing

Case on your next round.

Lit Eimi

Does it matter if your RH is above 95%? A lot of the time my cakes stay around 99%. But, they seemed to be dry so I started misting and fanning twice a day as of the day before yesterday. They started turning blues a few days ago.

image.jpg

mushmouth
9 hours ago, Evenevo said:

That mix would be sprinkled on top of your substrate until it is between 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick. right before putting into fruiting conditions, which is after your myc has fully colonized your substrate. 

Case on your next round.

I always case my tubs...

Evenevo

Yo Holmes, miscommunication. I was reiterating what you said. Directed at amy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AmySorg

Thank you guys. They look healthy, at least I had a crazy intense trip with just 3 shrooms. (about 18 grams fresh) 

Do you guys have any pics of yours just to have an idea? 

mushmouth
53 minutes ago, AmySorg said:

Thank you guys. They look healthy, at least I had a crazy intense trip with just 3 shrooms. (about 18 grams fresh) 

Do you guys have any pics of yours just to have an idea? 

Of what? Our casing?

Like a fork split english muffin... lots of nooks and crannies...

casing.jpg.88088df45a191c66ec883cf3eac01834.jpg