• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Porkrind Ninja

Total newbie

Porkrind Ninja

Hi y'all!

First time shroomer, here. I have a clue, but it's got a greasy handle on it.

Reading through this forum I believe that I am  on the way to success! Found some mistakes and fixed them.

How's it look so far? B+ in tub @ 1 week.

Thank you much. Probably gonna ask a lot of questions.

Hope I ain't too annoying.

IMG_20190215_205447824.jpg.136537cc406207dd53bee57d01b0eb80.jpg

Edited by Porkrind Ninja
  • Like 2

Mushinist

Welcome Porkrind Ninja!

Looks fine so far!

• Haha 1

mushmouth

Welcome to ology, Porkrind Ninja!!!

One of my favorite songs in the wide world...

• Haha 1

Robotard

Oooooooo. Almost!!;)

Porkrind Ninja

@mushmouth

I love that cartoon SOOO MUCH!!!

thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll keep y'all posted!

• Like 1

Porkrind Ninja
2 hours ago, Robotard said:

Oooooooo. Almost!!;)

How much longer do you figure?

Robotard
On 2/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, Porkrind Ninja said:

How much longer do you figure?

It will depend on conditions. Make them favorable. Read, read, and read some more. The more you know, knowing is half the battle!!!!!!

I'm sure you've seen growth since you asked?

Porkrind Ninja
18 minutes ago, Robotard said:

It will depend on conditions. Make them favorable. Read, read, and read some more. The more you know, knowing is half the battle!!!!!!

I'm sure you've seen growth since you asked?

Yep. About 2 mm or so. More fuzziness than threads. Itzy bitzy tiny knobs starting to appear. They are all still solid white.

Everything has nice earthy smell.

Soil temperature steady at 77-80*f

Air temp 70-75* or so

Fanning at least 4x day with light sterile water Spritz.

Expose to light 3-4 hours a day.

Porkrind Ninja

IMG_20190217_220800588.jpg

Big steve the dancing machine

Good to see someone else who isn't a fully experienced grower.those look great for +7 days! Seems to me you are on track for a great run.

I felt real queasy doing my first bulk run on pe.

I had a great experience, and am really happy to see others trying,too.

2601.jpeg

• Like 2

Porkrind Ninja

Sooooo...you think that they look good for being in the tub now since the 9th of February?

Maybe it's the whole 'watched pot' effect...if I keep staring at it, it will never 'boil'?

Thank you for the encouragement!

They do, man.in my very minimal experience it takes up to14 days to see pins. At this point, I'd say you are on track.if anything ( again, note my very, very limited grow experience) you could maybe introduce light At 6500k for on/off cycling At 6 hrs to promote pinning.again, this is a suggestion.....meaning there's lots of folks who know more.

Patience is the key. Be willing to wait..

"Be wary of unearned wisdom"

-carl jung

• Like 1

Blackstar

Hey Porkrind Ninja, I'm pretty new to this too, so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt. First, careful with too much fanning/misting. Three times a day should be plenty. As I understand, the myc likes to "feel" the evaporation, so that is really the point -- to give the myc evaporation and a little fresh air, not too much moisture. Second, for fruiting I try to keep my air temp real close to 68* (I don't have a way to measure the "soil" temperature) as per the information I've read. Lastly, with my first grow I used an Orissa variety which seemed to pin and fruit quickly, with large fruits. My second grow I used a different spore ("Deep Delta Blue") that took way longer to pin and gave smaller fruits. I don't know that the difference is in the varieties, or in my technique (I am still learning), or both, but just be patient. Anyway, consider those things I mentioned, and maybe someone else with more experience can correct my tips if they are wrong. Everything else you posted looks solid to me, and even without my tips you should have success.

• Like 1

Porkrind Ninja

I got  results!

Sparse and a little spindly but yay!

• Like 1

Ogof

Welcome to Shroomology!

Your results are looking fine. I think more time will help, and as someone else said, some light.

Cheers

k3llcor1

I have almost zero experience but the thing that jumped out at me, and this could be totally wrong, but based on the close up pics, the soil is supposed to be nice and even. Yours may be, just looks a little lumpy from the pic. Otherwise, hope all goes to plan. I did my very first mini tub this morning. I'll check it in 6 days and see if I'm on the right track.

• Like 1

Evenevo
On 2/20/2019 at 7:53 PM, Big steve the dancing machine said:

to promote pinning

Reading over my most trusted site and studying the works of one of, if not, it's most veteran of members, Ol Hefe Mush Zombie, I've come to understand the only thing that triggers pinning is evaporation. Evaporation means air flow and the surface, that means wind, which means spores will travel, which increases the odds of successful "reproduction". Any living organisms primary objective. Though light may mean the surface, it doesn't mean wind, the myc may wait until it has wind to produce so as to not waste energy and resources.

• Thanks 1

mushmouth
23 hours ago, Evenevo said:

Reading over my most trusted site and studying the works of one of, if not, it's most veteran of members, Ol Hefe Mush Zombie, I've come to understand the only thing that triggers pinning is evaporation. Evaporation means air flow and the surface, that means wind, which means spores will travel, which increases the odds of successful "reproduction". Any living organisms primary objective. Though light may mean the surface, it doesn't mean wind, the myc may wait until it has wind to produce so as to not waste energy and resources.

I like to say that's number 2. I think number 1 is starvation.

Evenevo
1 minute ago, mushmouth said:

I think number 1 is starvation.

I like the idea. Resources all used up here let's try to travel to a new place, so theoretically if your sub is very well colonized it would give you some leeway with your evaporation. This train of thought goes well with my plan for my current grow attempt, high grain to sub ratio and a longer spawn run. I like to think this may leave room for error.All just a theory, but if it produces for me I'll stick to it while I try other things on the side.

• Like 2

Sonshyn

Hi Welcome to Chili’s ! 

moxieshroom

Welcome aboard. As someone else posted... Read, read, read...

Think you need more light at this point. Make it a longer light cycle, 8-10 hrs/day. 6500k is ideal 5000k is good too. My first grow I used natural sunlight. I was lucky and lived alone and had a whole room dedicated to grows.