Bought different trash bags and 12 small containers today. Couldn't find any that had flat bottoms. They all seem to have that middle raised part to them. Guess I'll sit down today and see if I can put some colonized grain spawn to substrate without any tams. It's time to see if the Jalisco will do something. Wish me luck.
I almost always pasteurize my substrate instead of sterilize. When I started pasteurizing, I would put the sub in quart jars and use my PC without the lid. But that still limited me to 7 qt at a time, maybe 3-4 more quarts if I used a second pot at the same time. I was running into the same problem, couldn’t keep up with making enough sub.
I changed to using large disposable lasagna pans. I would fill up four of those at a time, seal with aluminum foil and put them in the oven. I can’t recall how many qts in each pan, I don’t have my notes with me. I did get more evaporation with this method so I had to start with slightly extra water so that the end result was field capacity.
@Moonphasenext ones will be better. So far the first 3 tubs are doing ok.
All 3 look like this. I folded the plastic down to help keep the edges from evaping to fast, but left it up enough for some fresh air. Going to open it up in next day or so. Fingers crossed for tam free even pinset.