• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Sonshyn

Sonshyn does a grow log

Sonshyn

Ok so atm I have a 128 oz bag of large yellow popcorn in the pc. Last night I also rinsed and picked through a 10# bag of wbs . It does have some cracked corn in it but all the sunflower seeds are out .

Reading through some teks last night in one of MZ’s he says gypsum is required but I didn’t see where he added it . I assume just before the final of (only) pc?

pics to come shortly 

@aqudoc

aqudoc

Right on can't wait to see some pics, we LOVE pics!

Sonshyn

Lots of popcorn going back in the pc 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Evenevo

Gypsum goes into bulk substrate mix before pc if the tek calls for it.

Moonphase

Gypsum.   It is added to the water during the soak and boil process.   It helps to keep the grains from sticking together so when you shake at 20% colonization it breaks up easier in the jar for a more even spread.   I also have see references to it adding some basic nutrient needed.   That's what I've read anyway and seen on some videos.   Good luck with your grow.   

Evenevo
27 minutes ago, Moonphase said:

Gypsum.   It is added to the water during the soak and boil process.   It helps to keep the grains from sticking together so when you shake at 20% colonization it breaks up easier in the jar for a more even spread.   I also have see references to it adding some basic nutrient needed.   That's what I've read anyway and seen on some videos.   Good luck with your grow. 

News to me, thank you.

Sonshyn

@Moonphase does this need to be powder or can it be the brown pellets ? The brown pellets will dissolve...🤔

ty Mp

Fruits of yesterday’s labors 

image.jpg

Moonphase

I'd grind them up myself.   But, I guess you could always put it into a glass of water and let it dissolve before adding it.   

• Like 1

Sonshyn

How much gypsum per quart you think ?

Moonphase

I've not done this before but my notes say that for a 7 Qt jar batch at 1 cup dry rye per jar.   Cover the rye with a couple inches of water and add 1 Tablespoon of gypsum for the 12+ hour soak.   The 10 minute boil I assume would be in the same water with added water as needed.   If you go into the General Cultivation under Forums up top ^^^  and put gypsum into the search field a whole lot of discussions about it come up.   Good luck with your grow!

Sonshyn

Ten pounds of wbs on the left four pounds of popcorn on the right . About to g2g the popcorn . I gotta say popcorn was less work, less money, way cleaner . Wbs gets you more distribution tho... 

image.jpg

• Like 1

mushmouth

Wow that's a big difference in weight.

aqudoc
On 3/1/2019 at 12:13 PM, Moonphase said:

I assume would be in the same water

Change the water

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sonshyn

My Lone cake is getting a little blue on it. Bruising ? Too little moisture ? imageproxy.php?img=&key=49739940d2821ad7

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

mushmouth

That looks like bruising. Looks dry to me.

• Like 1

Sonshyn

So just spray it with a heavy spray and dint fan it for awhile ?

mushmouth

Every time I spray my tubs I fan, by hand with a large tub lid, for a few minutes.

• Like 2

Sonshyn

Cased a treasure coast, making some more casing . Last time I did some with jiffy mix . This time I’ll do MZ’s Verm and moss mix . 

image.jpg

Moonphase

I hope you are making sure your substrate and casing are in the 7.5 to 8.0 Ph range.   That helps keep contamination down.      

• Like 1

Sonshyn

@moonphase I’ve got the lime and oyster shells in there 

Sonshyn

Casing more treasure coast 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Sonshyn

Weather stripping on the tub 

image.jpg

Sonshyn

@mushmouth how much water are you using for each tub each time you mist? I think I’m having trouble with too little moisture . 

Robotard

Popcorn all the way bro! I'm a believer

• Like 1

Sonshyn

Still looking for some opinions on what to do with this dub? It’s two weeks old and seems to have stalled . 

image.jpg