• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

k3llcor1

Corys first grow log

Evenevo

Got distracted before I could edit, if your temps are working to your satisfaction, don't go out of your way to increase them. Keep the hobby fun ūüėČ

• Like 1

k3llcor1
3 hours ago, Evenevo said:

Got distracted before I could edit, if your temps are working to your satisfaction, don't go out of your way to increase them. Keep the hobby fun ūüėČ

I just got home from work and checked. It's at 79.8. The jars that I did g2g transfers have all taken off well and seem really healthy. Maybe a little slow but I'm ok with that for now. 
I noticed 2 tiny green spots on my minitub. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to cut them out with a sterile razor blade. It's very small, almost unnoticeable, but I'd rather get it out then see what happens.

Otherwise, it's a slow and steady process to see if I'll ever get my first fruit! 

• Like 1

Moonphase

7 hours ago, Evenevo said:

I'm sure you know, incubation temps should be ~86¬įf

Set in incubator @ 75-80* F If you do not have an incubator you can use a cardboard box on top of your refrigerator ;)
This is a copy and paste from the dub tub tek.   It would benefit everyone to read the teks for your grow parameters.

k3llcor1
2 hours ago, Moonphase said:

Set in incubator @ 75-80* F If you do not have an incubator you can use a cardboard box on top of your refrigerator ;)
This is a copy and paste from the dub tub tek.   It would benefit everyone to read the teks for your grow parameters.

I'm in range then. I'll keep on keepin' on.

• Like 1

k3llcor1

My minitub still looks healthy but it may be drying out. Ita been about a week and so sign of fruiting added a moist perlite layer at the bottom of the fruiting chamber to help with humidity. I have family visiting so i really need some fruits in the week.

Yesterday i did 2 new small tubs. Identical ratios a.s ingredients. The only difference is i added a layer of crumpled up parchment paper on one to see what happens. 

Theyre too big to fit in my incubating chamer so today I'll rework an old glass aqaurium i have in hope of fitting the tubs and the jars i have colonizing.

k3llcor1

Things have been quiet here. Trying to nurse some pinning from my beloved mini tub. I've been told I need to fan and mist more-I've been told I need to fan and mist less. Very confused.

2 days ago 1 solitary pin sprung to life, he's only doubled in size over these last couple of days. Only about 1/4inch tall. Looks healthy, but very small. Where are all the other fking pins??!! 

I dont know if my substrate is too dry. Evaporation is key, but mushrroms are what, 70% water? How do evaporate all the moisture, yet still have enough in the tub to produce fruit?
Frustrated to say the least. 1 pin is a sign something went right, but I feel its a sign something went really bad as well.

This tub is almost 2 weeks in fruiting conditions now. 

I have 2 slightly larger tubs that I've started a spawn run with, almost a week ago. Do I shift my sights to those and forget about my mini? Do I dunk it? Can you dunk coco coir cakes?? 
Why dont all you experts hop on a plane and come see me. 

Moonphase

The goal of misting and fanning is to promote "surface evaporation" which is what helps to stimulate pinning.    Mist and fan techniques vary.   I like to use the ceiling fan on high while misting lightly 3 times during a 15 minute fanning session.   Good luck finding what works for the strain you are growing.

k3llcor1

Here is the jar of corn I was about to throw out the other day. Inoculated March 5th. I suspected I was sold 3 bunk  B+ syringes but it looks like something is taking off after all. This is syring 1 of 3

20190321_125052.jpg.225c283aa271194155fad4bfcaa01e10.jpg

This BRF cake was done with syringe 2 of 3. I havent touched the 3rd syringe yet, but I just ordered some proper mushroom grow bags and will be using 3 of 3 soon.

GOPR4853.thumb.JPG.ccbb26860f58468bf1b4d4b3d3a7ccb1.JPGGOPR4852.thumb.JPG.4c220193ee8650a1979972d3554c7044.JPG

That blurry little nub is pin 1. It needs a friend.

These are 2 GT tubs I started on the 16th of March. 1 had a layer of parchment paper, 1 did not. Exact same ratios of sub, grain, sub. Parchment removed since I've heard nothing but bad ever since I decided to try. Both look healthy after 1 week

GOPR4851.thumb.JPG.c1ee028162df49d5831fc8de041e8474.JPGGOPR4850.thumb.JPG.d9c5aed44061cd3b305f997853a74f21.JPG

Finally, these are the 2 jars with GT noc'd about a week ago. Slow but steady. I think they're ready for a shake soon.

GOPR4854.thumb.JPG.e7c5983dca0cc009188590f486d87002.JPG

GOPR4854.JPG

7 minutes ago, Moonphase said:

The goal of misting and fanning is to promote "surface evaporation" which is what helps to stimulate pinning.    Mist and fan techniques vary.   I like to use the ceiling fan on high while misting lightly 3 times during a 15 minute fanning session.   Good luck finding what works for the strain you are growing.

After checking my dates, I realized that tub is only 8 days into fruting. Just seemed much longer. So, I'll give it more time. Is 1 pin after 8 days acceptable? Should I berate it or praise it??

11 minutes ago, Moonphase said:

You may have answered this before, but do you case? My little tub is not cased.

Moonphase

I haven't done a bulk grow yet.   Just cakes.   But I do roll the cakes in verm mixed with a little peat moss.   That is a type of casing albeit thin.  

k3llcor1

Yesterday afternoon, I panicked and added some distilled water to the sides of the tubs, and swished it around underneath my cake. About 100ml. The cake was drying out and I didnt know what else to do. Certainly feels more moist this morning. 

To my surprise though, I have 8 NEW pins this morning!! I think they would have shown up without me adding the water. I hope I havent messed up the process by suddenly introducing a bunch of water content. What are the chances my afternoon little bath triggered these pins? 

Either way, I'm very pleased that I've created these from the ground up. Now to coax a real flush out of this thing!

You can see the gigantic pin (;)) shooting up and a small, new one just to the right.

GOPR4856.thumb.JPG.a76929efab09098f1685a252606aa78b.JPG