• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

gunny

Hey guys.

So I'm doing my third grow and I've been pretty successful so far. I was wondering if anyone has tried some sort of Miracle Grow or other sort of nutrients for mushrooms. I've been looking around online but I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks

MagicalCriminal

Mushrooms are decomposers. They dont use nutrients like plants do.  By following any of the tek making your substrate, you have made a miracle grow mix for mushrooms.

• Like 1

Evenevo

Carbons and starch-sugars, I believe? You can find the info out there, not nutes as you know them though. But as stated the sub teks are already providing all of that. You could go ham and fine tune your sub to milligrams using research info if you wanted perfection but it's completely not worth it. The other variables, rh, fae, temp, evap, will play the largest role. Perfecting your sub and double subbing and such aid in how many flushes you get, and won't promise big clusters of monster mush like miracle gro makes tomato plants explode. The common sub teks here will give multiple flushes, and unless youre in this hobby for more than the fruit, the extra time double subbing (using a nutrient rich casing, basically using sub as casing) takes and maximizing flushes per jars probably isn't worth it. Fine tune your environment if you're looking to for something to adjust to produce more. Hope my minirant was related to things you were looking for.... Lol

Whuuuuut

Interesting, I started thinking about this diatomaceous earth I have here today, I wonder if the nutrients would do anything for speed or size of growth when mixed in a sub or even just in casing....

MagicalCriminal

I have thought of adding a little amylase to the grain soaking water and holding 145 for an hour. This will convert starches to simple sugars.  Experiments for the future when I understand mycology WHY better.  I have also thought of trying malted grain. If you are interested in trying it now, amylase enzyme can be found in brew shops and online. Personally I want to try and mimic natural conditions first then experiment.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Crackeddoor
      After mixing together a bunch of wbs jars with substrate,I underestimated how much it would make, I've been trying to do away with the big monotubs because it's hard to hide so I've been doing bags ,well I ran out of spawn bags so i put the remainder of my spawn in 4 one gallon ziplock bags that i cut a hole in and taped tyvlek to. The problem is the substrate is 4 inches thick in these one gallon bags . I let them colonize for 12 days, during the spawn run the mycelium went nuts , it even grew through the tyvlek patch , its strong and healthy looking growing up the sides of the bags , and it's already pinning. The thing is  I cant  possibly see how it could work with the bags being so full of substrate , I was just kind of rushed and didnt want to waste anything so I threw it in bags not really expecting it to work . The bags are so healthy looking I hate to throw them out , but I'm not sure what to do . Any suggestions? Two of my bags are just verm and the other two are cmc, coir ,and verm... any help would be greatly appreciated ... thank you 
    • Chuggychow
      I just ordered the 23 quart presto pressure cooker. Does anyone use this type for sterilizing jars or bags? I’m thrilled that I can start doing my own substrates now but I’ve never used a PC before is it pretty easy? 
    • Moonphase
      Pulled a gallon bag of substrate out of the freezer.   I'm going to spawn some of the Jalisco jars this next week.   See what happens.    
    • BlurryFace
      So today was a busy day! Transfered ropey strands from the fully colonized GT and KSSS bags to Petri dishes, really hope that some beautiful ropey myc comes of it.  Dycorotic and rizomorphic growth is beautiful.Just a quick peek of a Thai strand going into the dish before we finished up there and went on to start setting up the tubs to spawn to substrate 1 to 3 ratio. This is the Golden Teacher just placed and not spread out yet, ready to be foil wrapped and moved into incubation for 10 days.Volcano at around 10 days and will be getting the casing put over as well today along with two others to be shown later on this day. A wonderful picture of the inside of the greenhouse with what we have started and growing bigger everyday lol. And the final picture showing the humidifier and fan in working order. Would always be welcome to any ideas or different ways to look at things in getting them to grow better! Thank you  
    • Tigerlily
      How did your albinos turn out? Sorry for using old thread. I'm doing albinos rn and cant seem to find much info