• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

EatTheRichPlz

I have been doing a monotub tek for the second time, this time with PE strain

Last time I did a monotub I had less than ideal conditions in every step(mold colonizing in 3/4 of the cake style jars, improper soil(yard dirt instead of coco-coir, 80-90 fruiting conditions, flooding my tub continually, 2 1/2 pint colonized jars in a 60qt mono) and still grew 20g's dry.

I have a few questions:

1: I am wondering what dry weight I should expect from 3lb's of colonized rye seeds and approx double the amount of coco coir as there is rye seeds in a 60qt monotek. PE strain ??????
(setup is fan/mist often, 12hr light cycle)

2: I am having trouble fruiting and have not seen pins yet and it's been 5 days since I put my chamber into fruiting conditions.(fan/mist, 70-80degrees, 12hr light cycle)
I did not wait for the chamber to create the white fuzzy layer entirely before introducing fruiting conditions, but I did wait until there were white fuzzy spots in quarter size diameter around the rye seeds. Did I do something wrong? is it going to be okay? Did I potentially affect my overall yield? Should I continue fruiting conditions, or revert to no light, no mist no fan for a short period?

What the tub looks like currently is the attached photo:

Any advice would help, or if you want to suggest any improvements.

56189863_840802359601644_7146064121497124864_n.jpg

• Like 1

El_Piraña

After you spawned to bulk, how many days did you wait before moving to fruiting conditions?  Normally you will wait 10 days, but PE can be slower.

now that it’s been in fruiting for 5 days I wouldn’t recommend going back. Just be patient, give it some more time. As long as it’s not contaminated you can just wait it out.

your fruiting temperature is too high. Can you possibly lower the temp? I would never let it get up to 80 deg during fruiting if there’s any way to avoid that.

don’t worry about the yield, just focus on the details. Good results will come from good practice and learning from mistakes.

keep us updated 

• Thanks 1

EatTheRichPlz

I foolishly waited around 7 days. 

I can definitely lower the temp through fanning, but no possible change in ambient temperature. The temperature fluctuates by 10 degrees where I am. 

I will definitely be keeping you guys updated on first pinset, first flush, and subsequent flushes. 

EatTheRichPlz

I don't think my tub is doing too well, no fruiting, less white mycelium showing. I dunked it the day before yesterday for 4 hours to try and get it going because I thoughT it was stalled, now I think I see mold. I haven't had a single flush as of yet.

56890386_305544130124889_436751753996664832_n.jpg

57092770_377104526248627_1076363669605974016_n.jpg

mushlove

PE can take a long time to fruit. I've had it pin finally two weeks after I put it into fruiting conditions (after letting it colonize 10 days) to start fruiting. It does look like you put it into fruiting conditions too early according to how much mycelium is poking through, so it might take even longer than mine did to fruit. if its a 60 qt tub you should expect anywhere around 1/4 pound to 1 pound a tub if you get 2-3 flushes. 1 pound is generally if you have a clone however, and if you are using horse poo and 50/50+ casing with all conditions being perfect. PE like casings. You should follow mush zombies bulk monotub tek if you want to have a high success rate for your mushrooms. Also buy a 15 psi pressure cooker and learn how to sterilize rye berries or wild bird seed for your jars.