• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Ben10

So this is my first time growing and everything is going great so far. I'm on day 11 of fruiting and I am starting to see pinning. With that being said I just found some mold in one of my tubs and I'm positive I know what caused it. This got the ball rolling for me asking the questions I've been accruing since I began. I'm trying not to get too bogged down with perfection but I'm curious what other people do. 

Questions

1.  Is the black trash bag used during the spawn runs only purpose to block out light so the mushrooms know grow up? I believe I've seen people use black duct tape on the outside of the bins? 
     -The reason I ask is because when I just checked my tub and moved back a crease I found mold where the trash bag bunched up. 
  2. Is the tub I found mold in toast? Could it contaminate my other tubs?
  3. How much misting and fanning should I be doing? How long should I leave my fan running on my tubs at a time? Should I mist then fan?
    -I've read a lot of different things from different people. 3x times a day, 5x times a day, more fanning then misting, 
  4. How important is sterilization during the fruiting stage?
    -I typically wash my hands and put on gloves before I touch my tubs to mist and fan but that's about it.
  5. Is the risk of eating contaminated mushrooms?
    -This questions just popped in my head.
  6. Is a gap between my 2 tubs a worry? Should I use tubs that lay together better?
    -I noticed a gap when I put my top tub back on after I did a mist and fan. It's because the tubs I'm using are kinda thin and shitty. 
  7. How important is the light I use in my fruiting room?
    -I realized I never changed the light in my fruiting room.

P.s. I was freaking out that nothing was going to grow then BAM!!! I start to see some pinning!!! Super excited for the coming days and to perfect this technique. 

Niidaho

Good info moonphase peeps like u are what make this site so great.

• Thanks 1

Robotard

OMG. @Moonphase 

Sonshyn

Also after pinning I’ve seen people cut back on the duration of fanning and barely mist . Anyone else do this ? 

• Like 1