• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

mycoandbjj

Contaminated/Questions

Question

mycoandbjj

Image 1 is a my first tub - Image 2&3 is second tub - Image 4 third

Alright big dogs its my time growing and I think one of my monotubs is contaminated (Image 4). I used a Mycowilly tutorial on Vimeo and my tubs have polyfill in them from the start. He says they'll pin in a few days if you fan and mist often but I also see people say not to open the tub and let it the full colonization take place. I think its been about 7 days, I've had them in some natural light during the day, was fanning but backed off and my room temp has been like 70-85 f probably.

Do I just let these bad boys sit and keep colonization?
Should i just stick them in my closet for a week?
Mist and water more?

#ganggang

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

9 answers to this question

Niidaho

Not sure on the tech u used .mz has a great one for monos .i highly recommend .It should be covered in tin foil until full colonization .then uncovered  cased and placed into fruiting looks like u may have some cobweb id up the fae and hit it with some hydro.unless I'm missing something

mycoandbjj

he said you dont need casing. His name is Willy Myco has a decent following for teks and what not on vimeo. His youtube was removed.

Mush Zombie

You do need a casing if rh is going to be below 90% sorry your YouTube expert failed you. 

mycoandbjj

and a casing just makes contain moisture? Should i throw this stuff out and restart? I still have tons of jars left

Niidaho

. Casing helps keep your rh up and tams down and imo helps production .and is very easy u can use seed mix with a little picking lime been awhile but it was less then 7 bucks at Wally World . the techs here are easy and very reliable mz has made it like a recipe so even guys like me can't fail.

MagicalCriminal

With the temps you are running right now, I would case it with a sterilized casing. Cover in foil, poke some holes in the foil and put micropore tape over the holes. It may have already tammed but I don't think your temps are low enough to induce pinning. It takes evaporation and temp drop to get them pins.

I think I got that right. If not one of these fine fellas will correct me.

Mush Zombie

Do not put a substrate into incubation with a casing on it. There is a high chance of contamination doing so. If you use a casing, apply it when it is time to fruit. 

The casing protects the mycelium from drying out. That is what it is there for with mushrooms that don’t require a casing to fruit (read that again. They don’t require a casing to fruit. They require a casing so the mycelium does not dry out if RH is below 90%)

i cant really help you salvage your tubs you made from the advice of an internet marketer that is only making videos to help sell other people’s products, and in turn make commissions. That person does not have the knowledge necessary to be making videos or tutorials, but does have the knowledge to sell you products.

my best advice is to just let them go and see what you get, but yes start over with a better tutorial. 

• Like 1

mycoandbjj

Fuck, so, my next tub just leave it in darkness for until full colonization...? i'll just try and find a better method or whatever theyre called

MagicalCriminal

Thanks @Mush Zombie I am exhausted. No more answering questions I think I know the answer to. I don't want to spread misinformation. 

• Thanks 1