• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

dzdzdz

piranha, voodoo juice,

dzdzdz
MagicalCriminal

Mushrooms are not plants.

Rainmakker
Posted (edited)

Pirhana can be replicated with a box of sand or vermiculite. This can be done by placing green onions or grass or any plant with roots in the substrate apply the mycorrhiza and let the plants grow. The mycorrhiza will establish themselves with the plants’ roots. After a period of time cut back the plants till the roots . Let the roots dry out and grind them into powder. This powder will full of mycorrhiza. This can then be turned into liquid spawn by the addition of the powder to a sucrose base like honey , maple syrup etc and oxygenated water. 

This method improves the vigor of mycorrhiza and can be used with combinations of different company mycelium.

The voodoo juice formula is more complicated and would need to know exactly what is in it. 

Edited by Rainmakker
More clarity.
  • Like 1

dzdzdz
4 hours ago, MagicalCriminal said:

Mushrooms are not plants.

Mushrooms benefit the growth of plants as well as certain types of bacteria, I was curious if you could make a liquid culture out of these highly overpriced products containing “mushrooms” and bacteria that make roots grow ;)

dzdzdz
6 hours ago, Rainmakker said:

Pirhana can be replicated with a box of sand or vermiculite. This can be done by placing green onions or grass or any plant with roots in the substrate apply the mycorrhiza and let the plants grow. The mycorrhiza will establish themselves with the plants’ roots. After a period of time cut back the plants till the roots . Let the roots dry out and grind them into powder. This powder will full of mycorrhiza. This can then be turned into liquid spawn by the addition of the powder to a sucrose base like honey , maple syrup etc and oxygenated water. 

This method improves the vigor of mycorrhiza and can be used with combinations of different company mycelium.

The voodoo juice formula is more complicated and would need to know exactly what is in it. 

I left out tarantula, but wouldn’t it be the same if you took the bottle readily available and inoculated sugar water like you said? Instead of using the powder liquid spawn? As the bottle comes in liquid form it must be spores inside of the liquid not live  Instead of growing grass and grinding roots? 

Rainmakker

No, two reasons why; sugar water is different from honey or maple syrup which Has many nutrients beside sugar. Secondary The cutting of plant causes a sort of shock that from What I understand creates a more agressieve mycorhizzial or spore. The variation of The fungi then colonize easier Like New spawn. If I remember right.

What I know about The products

Pirhana is a mycorhizzial blend with t-21 or 22 trichoderma. Early research with bioprotection company lead to contact between The two. 

Tarantula is bacteria blend of bascilus, azometes and few other microbes mix. The main goal is to recycle nutrients as bacteria cheleate nutrients. 

Vodoo juice; I Am still Not sure after many years. Professor Hornby who used to run The plant phytosanitary post was one of The PhD reporter helped with The development of these products. 

Application 

best results of these products from experience is to implementation one after The other. First pirhana then tarantula then vodoo juice. 

More detail breakdown

In horticulture and plant science; cutting plants make plants send sugars to The roots as a defense mechanism to reshoot. This from my research on Scientific articles makes The mycorhizzial turn into a more aggressive form That colonizes faster. 

• Like 1

dzdzdz

Oh true so you would want to hit them right at cloning stage? Did to more sugars at the roots 

Rainmakker

Not right at The cloning stage. This is because The plant is busy through calcium induction moving IAA to create roots by The transformation of trytophan. This Will create callus to start forming roots.

Mycorhizzial should be applied once root hairs or roots are formed. This is because This symbiotic relationship That The plant benefits by increase absorption in return for sugar. 

Mycorhizzial extend the plant roots . This root netwerk can share nutrients , water and information. Blueberries with limited root mass are large beneficiaries from mycorhizzial.