• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Slayer616

Does WBS need to be consolidated?

Slayer616
Posted (edited)

Hello all,

I currently have some quart jars that are reaching 100%.  This looks like it will be my first successful run.

My question is this, After all visible grain is completely colonized, do I need to wait a few days or a week to spawn to bulk?

I'm trying to attach pictures, I think they will be 100% in the next few days.

20190415_171633.jpg

Edited by Slayer616
  • Like 2

MagicalCriminal

Bottom of the jar hints at two things. The car was never shaken, and the center is not colonized. Since you're moving to bulk, it should have been given a good shake to loosen the grains and spread the myc for faster colonization. Somewhere on here is a thread and video that explains and shows "the shake".

The further away from full colonization you are then the higher the chances of your grow tammng out. Unless it's pinning in the jar it doesn't hurt to let it sit longer to assure full colonization. By the way that jars looking pretty good. 👍

• Like 1

Sonshyn

I agreed with MC, you can bump the jar against an INFLATED  Bike tire that’ll loosen everything up . 

Yes it does need to be 100% colonized.

Yes it is a good practice to wait at least a few days after it’s 100% to make sure it’s truly 100%. 

Looking good Bill lol 

Slayer616
Posted (edited)

Thanks.  So I should have said there is a small layer of coarse verm in the bottom of the jars. 

The jars were shaken after inoculation.  There seems to be mixed advice in the forums on shaking them throughout the process and at what point.

What so you guys think is best practice for shaking?  

Edited by Slayer616

Mush Zombie

At 15% you shake them 

Moonphase

The further away from full colonization you are then the higher the chances of your grow tammng out. Unless it's pinning in the jar it doesn't hurt to let it sit longer to assure full colonization. By the way that jars looking pretty good. 👍.     Glad I read this.   I can wait long.   Good to know there is no hurry.

darkvoyager

I think the jar will only tam out from an early shake if there’s already a problem in there otherwise it should recover normally IME. 

I always check the recovery after a shake and if it’s not keeping up with the rest or something comes up. Trash. 

If it recovers well I know the jars good.

• Like 1

darkvoyager

Also, I spawn as soon as every grain is visibly colonized unless I can’t because of time etc, doesn’t hurt to let’s it go longer but you don’t have to let it consolidate like a cake would.

And The surface area on the outside is greater than the center so in my opinion if it looks colonized you’re good, no need to worry about the center not being done.

so if it’s colonized and you have time to spawn em/ G2G whatever do it.

Slayer616

Great.  Thanks people!  These bad boys are going in z tubs this weekend.