• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Moonphase

Grow Log #4

Mush Zombie

With cubensis you do want a heathy co2 concentration and to limit FAE after seeing pins. There are some mushrooms that are very sensitive to co2, but cubensis is not one of those. Not enough co2 (too much FAE) causes very small mushrooms whose caps open early. 

Cased bulk substrates are much easier than cakes, since you can’t really case a cake and apply mass evaporation techniques the day after you place your cakes into fruiting environment without drying them out.

• Like 1

Tigerlily

Oh ok thanks for the info. It cleared a few things up, there's just so much reading to do on growing it seems like it's all very contradictory so it's good to hear this stuff from you guys. Someone told me I probably had vert because my stems were splitting before harvest and growing funny, like mutants. And as for co2 I was 7nder 5he impression it's good for colonizing but for fruiting it's terrible 

Moonphase

Moving right along a second cap broke it's veil on the same cake and the others didn't look far behind.   I fruited the cake and put it in to bathe for 24hrs.   This one cake provided 74 grams wet.   It'll dry out to 7.4 grams.   The others won't be far behind.    

IMG_3026.jpg

• Like 1

Moonphase

Looks like I'll be busy tonight and tomorrow fruiting the rest of them.   The boomers on the other cakes are breaking their veils.   By tomorrow night they will probably all be fruited.     

• Like 1

Moonphase

Cake #2 broke its veils.   58 grams wet.   The one thick stiped shroom was 20g by itself. The other cakes won't be far behind.   

IMG_3031.jpg

• Like 1

Moonphase

Looks like I'll be fruiting 7 or 8 of the cakes before midnight.  Here are two shots taken 12 hours apart.   The growth is surprising.   I could almost see them lengthen the last two times I misted.   

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3032.jpeg

• Like 2

Moonphase

Cake #3 was 87 grams wet.   The prettiest one.   

IMG_3033.jpg

• Like 2

Moonphase

Fruited two more cakes this morning.  #4 was 68g and #5 was 72g.   Messed up and didn't take pics.   I was still bleary eyed.   And, yes I cut a cap for a spore print from this thick stiped beast that is curling  on the above pic 2nd cake from the left top row.   It's on foil under a jar for a few days.  

• Like 1

El_Piraña
12 hours ago, Moonphase said:

Cake #3 was 87 grams wet.   The prettiest one.   

IMG_3033.jpg

Holy shit man, this is beautiful!

• Thanks 1

Moonphase

Fruited cakes #6 / 72g, #7 / 71g, and # 8 / 61 grams this morning ( pic #1).   Three more cakes are waiting to be fruited. First I need to roll 3 and reintroduce them into the FC, that still won't get over 75% Rh.   I will be making sure I get a good coarse verm coating on the cakes this time since Rh is not ideal.   I also looked at two of the 6 qt GT tubs I put to spawn 12 days ago (pic #2).   I cased the two I opened before I ran out of casing.   I'll be mixing up more casing and PC'ing it tonight for the other two 6 qt tubs of GT that will be cased tomorrow IF they are without tams.  My first possibly successful bulk grow so far.   :clap:

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

Blackbyrd

Wow. Nice pictures, and they're very helpful because this is my first grow.  My cakes have far fewer pins, and some none at all. (I have four kinds and the B+ are doing the best.)

Moonphase

Fruited cakes #9 / 62g, #10 / 54g, and #11 / 33g today.    Put together two new FC's and set up another FC table for them.    Put 25g air dried shrooms in the final drying chamber to free up a drying rack.   There are about 50g more.   Mixed up 2 qts. of casing and PC'd it to case the 2 remaining GT 6qt. tubs tomorrow..... if they are free of tams.    Busy day today.    I'm tired.    Kitchens a mess.   Time to decompress.   Unlax.  :bongload:

Moonphase

Fruited cakes 12 and 13 this morning total combined 84g.   The last 4 cakes are lagging behind and will be less fruits.   Interesting how some produce more than others.    

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

• Like 1

Moonphase

Pulled the foil off the other two 6qt tubs of GT.   They both looked like this.   Bulk grow on this tek 100% successful.   :headbang:  Four 6qt tubs of GT are now in their FC's.   5 more cakes to roll and reintroduce into the FC today and I'm done.    Started doing something new.   You know how cakes get concave on the tops and sometimes water will pool on them and they are the first to turn blue from stress?    I've started putting them into bathe top side down and after rolling in verm I am placing them top side down onto the wet verm lids.    This leaves a nice flat surface for the fruiting cycle.   It also puts the bruised from stress myc next to the wet verm in the bottom of the lid where it'll stay more hydrated.    

IMG_3053.jpg

• Like 1

Moonphase

Put some 2 day fan dried shrooms into the ziplock gallon bag with damp rid last night.   Should have been cracker dry this evening.   They were not as dry as they were before I put them in there.   Glad I checked.   Maybe the desiccant needs replacing?   I'll give that a try after a couple of days air drying.   Always check.   If I hadn't checked them in just a short time they would have been blech non-useable.   Catastrophe averted.    :nana:

• Like 1

Moonphase

I did a good job on the GT.   45 small ones that weighed 5g was pretty entertaining.  

• Like 1

Moonphase

Fruited cake #14 / 58g (pic 1).   #15 and #16 combined 56g. #17 the lone survivor won't be ready for another 3 days and only a few on it.   Left a couple cakes to soak a little too long the water smelled a little soured and the verm that was left on them was turning black.   Hope they will be ok.   Took one spore print off the biggest cap.   

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3057.jpeg