• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Iamchefmo

WEIRD MYCELIUM. I NEED PINS!!!

Iamchefmo

Snapchat-1401858727.jpg.b2ce927d1b809423f66da3c6f54ac19b.jpgHey so this is my first grow.... I am curious as to why my mycelium is puffing up like this and not pinning. I spawned this on the 19th of April. After 10 days I pulled it from the closet and now it has been under fruiting conditions for about a few days now. I am fanning 2 times a day and have 4 lose polyfilled holes in my tote. can someone please help me get a healthy pinset. I am using 2 LED lights should be more then enough. Idk what else to do. Also note it looks like one side may be slightly pulling away from the wall
Snapchat-981821180.jpg.441671929b5df6e7be3bf8c888a59555.jpg

Snapchat-59278962.jpg

Snapchat-553172541.jpg

Sonshyn

They can take their dear sweet time can’t they ? 

What temp are they at? 

What strain ? 

Might fan once more each day . 

Iamchefmo

Golden teachers, temps run(inside the tub) about 70-75 during the day and 65 or 60 around night time. It gets a little colder in the room they are in at night because of a open window and fan contantly running 

Sonshyn

Well that will slow them down a little .  But it’ll make for some dense fruits . 

Iamchefmo

I just added 2 more holes and lose polly filled. I hope it will make it fruit soon!!!

MagicalCriminal

Was the second pic taken after misting? I see quite a bit of water droplets. 

Moonphase

It's been 5 days did the tub get hundreds of pins all over?   How about an updated pic?   

Iamchefmo

Actually my first 2 pins popped up today. But that is it 

Screenshot_20190505-121823_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20190505-121820_Video Player.jpg

• Like 1

Iamchefmo

Here is some updated pics. Got pins all over 

Screenshot_20190509-114606_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-114604_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-114559_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-114642_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-114640_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-114638_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-114636_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-114630_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-114625_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20190509-114614_Snapchat.jpg

• Like 2

Tigerlily

Too much co2 build up! Just completed my first GTs. You need more air flow. Evaporation causes pinning along with light and FAE. I misted my walls and set a heat lamp about 2 ft away and cracked the lid. I kept the heat lamp on for 2hrs then shut off, fanned and misted. I believe that it really helped the evaporation rate. But dont do it after you have pins. It will dry your sub. No direct light either. 

And your moisture might be a bit too much. Unless that's hyphal knots. Overall consensus is I think you need more FAE. Those caps are a bit dark for GTS they may be starting to abort. Heres some clips of mine. This my first grow so keep in mind I should have a liner in there and my sub isnt properly colonized but I still got fruit. Also there is a slight green dot in your last photo close to the top you may want to keep an eye on unless its just bruising. Remember to pick your aborts so they dont rot. In my mind these are little cesspools for contams. Could be wrong though.

20190514_161716.jpg

20190514_144216.jpg

20190514_144743.jpg

20190514_144901.jpg

20190513_074732.jpg

I forgot to mention co2 buildup from what I've learned, causes puffy mycelium or weak genetics. 

The pulling away from the wall is natural. As the shrooms consume and drink the water and nutrients your sub will shrink. 

MagicalCriminal

The only pinning trigger is evaporation. Light and fresh air just give the mushrooms a direction to grow. CO2 in other mushrooms can cause leggy stipes and small caps. I'm not sure if that's the case with cubes, but I plan on doing some experiments with CO2.