• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

TOS420

First success thanks guys!

MagicalCriminal

Looking good.

TOS420

Thanks bro!!

TOS420

Hey so I'm on my second flush and I'm starting to see mushrooms dying, I think I'm seeing myc piss but I'm not 100 percent sure. If anyone has experience with whatever is going on here, I'd appreciate some guidance thanks!15577986416674872559391465210624.thumb.jpg.be18191ccdfd852db9477bc1b07a6ca2.jpg

MagicalCriminal

It appears to have enough moisture. So unless you have moved it,  I would guess lack of a liner caused it to stick in the tote and when shrinking it cracked instead of pulling from the sides.

• Thanks 1

TOS420

What would you recommend doing? I had already filled up the tub for about 12 hours with water and then drained it when I took that picture. 

I'm thinking about cutting it into 4 slices and mixing 75% new sub and trying to spawn 4 bins from it, do you think that would work?

I read somewhere you can colonize easier from spent sub since the mycelium is already developed

MagicalCriminal

I'm not the one to make a recommendation because I'm on my first bulk grow also. I'm just read everything current on this site twice. LOL and I'm still learning. However if I didn't have the panel of experts that are available on this site and I had to make my own choice which is probably wrong, I would try to stuff that crack with pre-moistened sterilized casing. If nothing else it would help prevent further moisture loss from the tote.

I believe what you are describing is called super spawning. However I believe super spawning is not just cutting the cake.you use spent cake to inoculate more substrate. It's broken up and mixed just as colonized grain would be. I would not use it on a suspect grow because you don't know what stopped or stalled this grow.

Hopefully someone with experience will chime in on both of these issues.

• Like 2

Pcitrueprefcet

I’d let it run.. your doing something right