• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

txag

3rd attempt grow log ; advise needed.

txag

Hi All,

this pic is taken 15 days after fruiting conditions, using a 50/50+ casing. Seems like good progress to me, but I do have two questions. I’m not misting or fanning my monotub. I’m using MZ’s monotub design and tek. Ambient temps between 71-74. This is Ecuadorian strain of cubes. Question 1: it seems on my grows attempted thus far I get pinning on the edges way faster than in the middle. Is this normal with the myc growth reaching the surface faster there or due to low FAE? Question 2: note in the pics, a couple of the fruits have a small bit of sharp white “hair” on the tops. Something to worry about?

thanks for all the advice!

FEDB26DD-DD3C-42F6-BA9B-272722DCCF56.jpeg

3E1AA157-6B21-4D83-9169-9FD4ED1660C6.jpeg

MagicalCriminal

Pinning is caused by evaporation. The edges are more susceptible to evaporation. A liner helps prevent evaporation from the edges this promoting a more even pinset.

The mush look a little shiny.  Do you know what humidity has been? It's possible you haven't had enough evaporation from the center. If your humidity has been high, the fuzzy stuff could be mycelium.

• Thanks 1

txag

The walls of the tub and ceiling always show a fair amount of water droplets but nothing like I’ve seen in examples or other grows in the forums.

Chuggychow

Did you tape the outside or use a liner? I found out recently a liner on the inside will help with evaporation, it also should hold to the substrate when it pulls from the sides. 

Sonshyn

Do you have proper air circulation in the room? 

• Like 1

txag

The outside of the tube is blacked out with black paint instead of liner. Was attempting to save using plastic every time. Maybe a poor idea. I have a ceiling fan on medium speed in the room and the tub is in the corner of the room. 

Sonshyn

Yeah I’ve tried some without liners like you’re doing . And liners are the way to go. It is what it is . Now you know for next time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pcitrueprefcet
5 hours ago, Sonshyn said:

Yeah I’ve tried some without liners like you’re doing . And liners are the way to go. It is what it is . Now you know for next time. 

You’ve just saved me some trouble...I’ll stick with liners

Mush Zombie

The tek says to use a liner 

• Thanks 1