• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

ludashimane

Please help. Is this contamination or not ? I’m new here!

ludashimane

Just noc’d these baby’s on the 29th of May. I followed the pf tek with just slightly less distilled water as I have been getting very moist substrate when mixing it 2:1:1. I’m thinking this is because of the brand I’m using or something I have no idea but I’m certain the field capacity was perfect on these jars. Anyways. Is this green strand or dark green brownish strand contamination or just a normal thing to see ? 

69B38D38-C5E0-426A-AD25-94A02C9CB66E.jpeg

EE0EE268-30D2-4258-ABF8-B8BA97841462.jpeg

Mush Zombie

It looks like mycelium. Whether it’s contaminated or not that would be hard to tell. It’s probably fine.

ludashimane

I was worried about that little greenish looking spec. Thank you for the reply 

DamionDeamon

Looks like good mycelium to me 

ludashimane

It has colonized much more since this photo. Looks awesome. My question is now is what to do when I go on vacation. I am going away at the end of June. My jars were innoculated on the 29th. I’m guessing they will need to be birthed during my vacation. What do I do ? Can I birth them early or birth them late when I get back from my trip ? I’m only going for a week. 

Moonphase

Wait until you get back.   They should be fine.   I've let mine go a full 37 days before.   

ludashimane

Thanks man that makes me feel way better. They started colonizing quickly. Within 48 hours. I’m pretty sure my jars were field capacity so I’m hoping they don’t dry out.