• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

BlackSpray_

What's up everyone. 

While my grain spawn taking its sweet ass time iv started building my grow box. 

Iv got a total of 36 jars so I need to work efficiently and smart. 

The chamber size is 1.2 meters x 1.2 m x 2 meters in hight . Iv made it from a corner wall and some polystyrene  sheets. 

Please what would u recommend I do , and add from the get go . 

Thanks! :)20190606_172216.jpg.bdd65b3ad146c4eaa1f29011cd2136bf.jpg20190606_172147.jpg.456c83a49ced1de1e1715fc494ab9a68.jpg

20190606_172228.jpg

20190606_172154.jpg

Mush Zombie

I’ve never built a room for growing mushrooms. It doesn’t need to be super special. The only thing I would consider here is temperature control. Ideally, depending on what you’re growing, you want to be able to maintain temperatures in the upper 60s (Fahrenheit)

Pinner_Dinner

So I'm new here, but have been a visitor of the site forever. Finally got around to making an account, but I used to do mold remediation. You're going to want a barrier between your walls and the grow chamber itself. I recommend 6mil plastic from home depot. If not, you're taking the chance of growing things in places you can't see. Not only is it a contaminent, but, also, could make you really sick. Google image search: "mold remediation chamber" or "containment chamber" and that should give you some really good ideas. Hope this helps. 👌

containmnet-chamber-of-mold-removal-process-in-malibu.jpg

Mush Zombie

That’s pretty cool. I’m certified in microbial restoration by the clean trust (IICRC), since 2003. I don’t do any of that for growing mushrooms. There is absolutely no need for a containment, or negative air machines. I’ve never used a back pack air scrubber either in any of the rooms I’ve used for cultivation  either.  

As long as you’re not making the room into a huge greenhouse that RH is going to be above 60% in, everything is fine.

but if you want to build a containment that is good advice as to how 

BlackSpray_

Thanks for the advice ! 

I did think the actual wall would be a problem eventually, will get some plastic and follow the advice.

But do you guys think I'm better off just growing in tubs with each tub with it's own heat pad ? It's a more expensive route.

MZ is there a thread for g2g spawn ? 

Thanks guys! 

Mush Zombie

Never use heat pads on tubs you are fruiting. Cooler temperatures are preferred anyway. If you need to heat an area use a space heater. 

I’m not really sure about the g2g thread but there probably is a thread in the grain spawn section if there is going to be one. It’s pretty simple but you need to have the correct equipment. SAB won’t cut it for that!

BlackSpray_

SAB? 

MagicalCriminal

Still air box. MZ has a tutorial for a $30 flow hood. Several of us use them with great success.

Pinner_Dinner
6 hours ago, Mush Zombie said:

That’s pretty cool. I’m certified in microbial restoration by the clean trust (IICRC), since 2003. I don’t do any of that for growing mushrooms. There is absolutely no need for a containment, or negative air machines. I’ve never used a back pack air scrubber either in any of the rooms I’ve used for cultivation  either.  

As long as you’re not making the room into a huge greenhouse that RH is going to be above 60% in, everything is fine.

but if you want to build a containment that is good advice as to how 

Totally agree. Well, that, and you don't know where you're growing mold. Lol. Mush, just wanted to take a second to pay my respects. Never been a member, but I've been following advice from you for years. Thank you.