• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

treebark2

Microdose Tea Ice Cubes

treebark2

I wanted to create a semi-consistent microdosing solution for myself and my wife. I prefer tea over eating the fruits, but I wanted to make larger batches and store in individual doses. I couldn't find much information on the effects of freezing shroom tea, so I decided to try it out and wanted to share my method. I'm open to suggestions and improvements, but so far, I'm very happy with the results!

Materials:

• ice cube tray(s)
  • measuring cup- large enough for the ice cube tray capacity
  • scale
  • knife and cutting board
  • tea or other flavorings
  • small pot or tea kettle
  • shrooms

Method:

1. Determine the strength of microdose you would like to try. I started with 0.3g dried/dose on my first set. This dose seemed suitable for the workplace, but I am looking for a little less physical affects. For this next batch and for this tutorial, I knocked it down to 0.1g dried/dose, so my wife could do one cube and I can do two at a time. 
  2. Determine how many cubes/slots you have. I'm preparing 2 trays this time and there are 22 slots total. I like the shape of these, because I can just drop one in my water bottle for my workout in the morning. The covered trays are also nice to keep them fresher.
    IMG_1613.jpg.3233c94cf70e3a7cea6a00e7ed6cbf11.jpg
  3. Determine how much water is in each tray. Fill the tray with water, and pour into a measuring cup. These trays are 1-1/4 cup each, or 2-1/2 cups total. We will want to boil extra water, so I went with 3 cups.
    IMG_1614.jpg.9217cf8536d568286ecf7d0eadb1303a.jpg
  4. While boiling the water, measure out the total weight in shrooms needed. I have 22 slots to fill with 0.1g/slot, so I need 2.2g total
    IMG_1616.jpg.d16eb37a99432d70678f5620d8404cd4.jpg
  5. Finely chop the fruit and add to the measuring cup. Also add your tea bag.
    IMG_1618.jpg.45d38c0cafdaf6ee11c90ac8b55fa2cf.jpgIMG_1621.jpg.693a60a2c6ff89391de9b5b7192d51b5.jpg
  6. Add the boiling water to the measuring cup with tea. Only add enough to fill your tray(s), in this case 2-1/2 cups. Stir the contents.
    IMG_1625.jpg.1e786a0afda208c31d9f06f5c0c9fb26.jpg
  7. Cover the measuring cup to retain heat and let the contents soak for 30 minutes.
  8. The tea is ready! Add the tea to the trays and freeze!
    IMG_1629.jpg.49a56f793515499fd2c73d285916e7b6.jpgIMG_1630.jpg.0a9f1e6a2b3b96c9105362b59e623737.jpgIMG_1631.jpg.8de32455888c577956d67472053457a8.jpg

Pretty simple! Also easy to experiment with different doses.  I have kept these cubes in the freezer for 6 weeks without losing any (noticeable) potency. I usually dose every 2-3 days, and the affects are very consistent.

• Like 1

DonkeyHote

What are the effects of a .2g dose? Thanks

treebark2

I'm sure it's different for everyone, but for me:

1. physically- relaxation, muscle tingling, slight butterflies in stomach, some euphoric sense in movement, heightened senses. 
  2. mentally- calming, opening perspective, enhance problem-solving, mood-lifting.

I believe that a dose around this size has had very positive affects in all of these areas. Over the last couple years, I've experimented with different doses, mostly higher. Higher doses , 0.4g - 0.7g make all of the affects listed above more intense for me, which is fine if I'm chilling in the park, but is distracting at work. In some ways I could concentrate deeply and solve problems (programming), but I wouldn't be able to listen to music at the same time. My mind would need to focus on one or the other, otherwise it is just a distraction. At the lower doses 0.1g - 0.3g, I can function quite normally with the balance of the heightened physical and mental affects.

If you try this, I would recommend trying around this dose and see how you feel, and adjust appropriately. It might help if you don't have any important meetings, or operating machinery, etc., until you are comfortable with a dose.

• Like 2

Steelthreads

Great idea!  Thanks 

I’m assuming you strain out the chopped mushrooms ?

I thought boiling water could harm the active ingredient.  I usually add the mushrooms after the tea cools a bit.  How hot is your water?

treebark2

I do strain, but I see a lot of people eat the mush. I think it defeats the purpose of making tea, whether it is to avoid the taste/texture or avoid stomach issues.

I've read in several recipes that they actually boil the mushrooms for 15-20 minutes. I boil the water, then pour in immediately, so I assume it is just below boiling temp, then slowly drops. I'll check the temp the next time, just out of curiosity- good question, though. I can't tell the difference in effects between the tea and eating dried, so if there is loss of psilocybin, it is minimal. I'd be interested if someone else has any knowledge/data behind that.