• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

ludashimane

First Grow 6-29 Innoculation B+ Cubensis

ludashimane

This is my first grow. I inoculated 5 half-pint brf jars that I prepared using the pf-tek. I noticed that the moisture content was rather high when I birthed the cakes. Water was pooling on top of the cake inside the jar. I had pinning in vitro on two of the cakes and was forced to birth them directly into the fruiting chamber. I am hoping that I can dunk them after the first flush and be okay. I didn’t want to ruin the pins so I misted them well and rinsed them and cased them with verm. The other 3 cakes were dunked for 14 hours or so. I also decided against using a standard SGFC because of the fact that I can not mist them 5 times a day. I am hoping to keep the humidity up by having less holes in my chamber. I am misting and fanning and hoping for fruits soon ! 

F09DB342-4681-4BE7-823D-7200A051C38A.jpeg

DCFA21B9-D7C6-4018-9725-F5F87B194F5E.jpeg

FCB59B9C-1671-4082-958C-45685731AEF7.jpeg

03D8DBE8-1EF4-49EA-994C-026C7C1B9969.jpeg

0A8B77DF-9E90-4915-BE93-7C616D6C1274.jpeg

ECA0D67A-6271-47AA-B5D1-A88194F91E94.jpeg

8B71748A-4021-41A8-98C7-CCB73952D80A.jpeg

B58F3D92-A7AA-4E0F-99FB-97F7B7DCF0B0.jpeg

8B3D1012-1AC0-472D-A79F-CB1C995A6FAA.jpeg

9866304B-5A53-475E-983D-4F419F04FBFA.jpeg

66ACF0BB-1020-4BA5-8A46-7672F39EB95A.jpeg

B3537905-1E10-4649-A2E7-C9D4E48906A5.jpeg

D0FB7A12-F6D1-44E2-B055-9535AFB3C74C.jpeg

4F3158B4-7A46-456E-B211-2D3BBEF673BC.jpeg

7FB24F42-658D-47C2-8659-5D07896FF88F.jpeg

EA3EFC4C-EF7A-4042-872C-BC8672DE56B4.jpeg

90E2AF1F-C653-4BEE-AFC6-DD3D64C8F499.jpeg

73B5D061-9DD8-4A3F-A680-75237C9F2B38.jpeg

Moonphase

You should cover those holes with micro pore tape or stuff them with polyfil.   Keep contaminants out and humidity in.   

DonkeyHote

I have dubbed my fruiting chamber the Sawed  Off Shotgun. I use 1/4 inch holes all the way around, but I do them 4 inches apart instead of 2. I still use 4 inches of wet perlite in the bottom. The bottom row of holes is at the same level as the perlite. I tape over the holes with paper masking tape like you would use painting the wall. Mist and fan 4 times a day for 5 minutes. I use the timer on my phone. The cakes usually pin in about a week. After I get a good pin set,  I uncover the holes and cut the misting and fanning to twice a day. 

How deep is your perlite? It looks a little shallow in the pics. 

ludashimane

Maybe 2-3 inches. Can I lift out the cakes and add more perlite ? Is that necessary? Or too risky ? 

Maybe 2-3 inches. Can I lift out the cakes and add more perlite ? Is that necessary? Or too risky ? 

Shoot I didn’t mean to add another. But I had another question. When people say mist and fan for 5 min what does that mean exactly ? Mist for 2.5 min then fan for 2.5 min in that order ? 

DonkeyHote
18 minutes ago, ludashimane said:

Shoot I didn’t mean to add another. But I had another question. When people say mist and fan for 5 min what does that mean exactly ? Mist for 2.5 min then fan for 2.5 min in that order ? 

Yes, you can pop the cakes out for a  few minutes and add perlite. If you have a spair tote, put them in that. I'd say I spray about 6-10 good sprays in total. I let the mist fall on the cakes and the walls of the tub. Then, fan it with the lid for 5 minutes. When the cakes start to pin, be sure to fan them dry before you put the lid on. After the cakes pin, use less misting and keep on fanning. 

ludashimane

How necessary is this ? I have about 2 solid inches maybe more of perlite there. I’m misting and fanning as specified. Is it worth removing them from the chamber and adding more ? Will I not get mushrooms if I don’t do this ? Or is it an increase my yield kind of thing and if so by how much are we talking? I’m sorry for all of the very specific questions. I’m learning. Thank you for taking the time to help a newbie. 

ludashimane

I have jars at different stages in there. Is that a problem ? Because the jars that I put in there that were already pinning are now growing full on shrooms. Overnight they popped out about an inch each. The problem is that I have other cakes in there at an earlier stage that need misting and fanning 4-5 times a day correct ? Until they make pins ? So what do I do with 2 pinning cakes and 2 cakes that aren’t? 

ludashimane

I have pins. But idk what to do about the fact that the other cakes should be misted and fanned more than the pinned cakes. 

2908159C-A607-4AE1-AB4F-E32190DE1C41.jpeg

6DB89324-4831-401C-ACF1-D432B8520276.jpeg

MagicalCriminal

Just don't let mush sit with water on them. Fan them dry.  I spray, not mist my tubs even with mush. Then turn the fan on them for 20 min or so.

ludashimane

I’m noticing a slight purpling on some areas on a few of the cakes. Is this normal ? It does not look contam like and nothing smells amiss. So I’m hoping it’s just a normal thing ? I’m certainly not new to mushrooms in general and one thing I do know is that they bruise purple. So maybe it’s bruising from birthing them ? Some opinions on this would be nice. It is a very slight purple underneath the layer of mycelium it seems. 

Edit: Here is a pic. You can see some of it on this one. Just very suttle 

A5CD7321-CF01-4CA4-A4D1-F8B49EBB5682.jpeg

ludashimane

First harvest. Had to put the cakes back in as there were some smaller mushies not yet ready to pick. But I did pick the ones that were opened up and ready. And I do plan on re-dunking and rolling them once the first flush has been fully harvested. I am very happy with the results. This was not a huge yield obviously but I’ve successfully produced mushrooms. From beginning to end. I’m thinking about trying a bulk grain sub grow next. Maybe a monotub. Any suggestions ? I need a TEK that is comprehensive and in depth. Thanks guys again for the support. 

98356529-7120-43EE-B6EF-6E0D54F1639D.jpeg

B5C5C5A8-6D02-4FA8-9F1D-E798B5C2BA1E.jpeg

• Like 1

Moonphase

Bruising a nice dark blue too.   Quality shrooms.   Congratulations.   :headbang:

ludashimane

Thank you! Could I bother you with a few more questions ? 

Chuggychow

We love questions :)

ludashimane

Okay best and cheapest way to dry these suckers ? I plan on storing them for a while. Also, could anyone recommend a good in depth monotub bulk tek ??? I’m currently air drying them in front of a fan/ac unit. It’s blowing air on them. Should I get desiccant or whatever it’s called and use that and if so what method is best ? 

Chuggychow

Air dry by fan for a day or 2, they will shrink greatly. After you should get a desiccant (damprid works well). Put a layer of desiccant in a container, put a coffee filter or 2 on top of the desiccant, add fruits on filters so they dont touch the desiccant, seal tightly with a lid.  Let them become cracker dry. Keep an eye on your moisture you may need to switch out your desiccant and filters every other day. 

Dehydrator are the #1 way.

I believe this to be the #2 way. 

MagicalCriminal

Dehydrator then dessicent. I bag the Damprid using coffee filters and hair ties. Toss the bag into a  jar then fill jar with dried mush to finish drying for couple of days. I also put a teabag of Damprid in the storage bag in case the storage bag has a leak. When this dry they crumble into powder easily.

• Like 1

Chuggychow
39 minutes ago, ludashimane said:

Also, could anyone recommend a good in depth monotub bulk tek ???

• Like 1