• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Bounder

Greetings

Bounder

Hi,

First of all thanks to everyone who’s taken the time to supply information for beginners, I’ve gotten a wealth of knowledge here & other sights.

I am a retiree looking to treat some anxiety problems with microdosing. My first grow (b+)is at the casing stage. The unique thing with my grow is I am traveling full time in a motorhome. I have had to make some adjustments do to component availability, storage space, & temperature extremes. So far it has been very successful. I’ll start a documentation in the appropriate forum when I get to fruiting.

Bounder

B78CCF6F-7510-4A14-BB84-6314577B3A9E.jpeg.0bc8a6d14250bcdb904fdb49052b22f7.jpeg

• Like 1

MYCIllion

your first grow is a monotub? was it easy to do as a first time? I was looking into the PF tek but wanted to move to a monotub as soon as I know my conditions are sterile and can fruit. 

MagicalCriminal

Love how it fits in the little cooler. For future grows, be aware that growing mycelium produces heat and keep tabs on it.  I dont know if the heat could be enough to kill it but it will sure slow it down when it gets in the low/mid 80s. 

Bounder

Thanks, I’ve been keeping a close eye on temp, I tried to keep it around 78-80 during incubation. I’ve dropped it to 68-70 for fruiting. Patiently waiting for pins to show. 

El_Piraña

So it’s been in fruiting for a few days now?

do you have polyfil-stuffed holes in the tubs for FAE?

Bounder

I cased with a light layer of pasteurized coir & switched to lower temp & fanning/misting 5 days ago. I have four 1/2 inch holes with micro pore tape. At night I open the cooler lid & expose to light. I’m starting to worry though, ever since I switched to fruiting all growth has stopped & the surface has changed from fuzzy to smooth. Also it seems like more of the millet is exposed. I peeked at sides & bottom it appears to be a solid white brick. Any advice is appreciated.

12 minutes ago, El_Piraña said:

So it’s been in fruiting for a few days now?

do you have polyfil-stuffed holes in the tubs for FAE?

El_Piraña
4 hours ago, Bounder said:

I cased with a light layer of pasteurized coir & switched to lower temp & fanning/misting 5 days ago. I have four 1/2 inch holes with micro pore tape. At night I open the cooler lid & expose to light. I’m starting to worry though, ever since I switched to fruiting all growth has stopped & the surface has changed from fuzzy to smooth. Also it seems like more of the millet is exposed. I peeked at sides & bottom it appears to be a solid white brick. Any advice is appreciated.

You’re off to a good start. You need more airflow during fruiting, micropore tape is not anywhere near enough. You should get some polyfil to stuff in the holes. Come to think of it, since it’s in a cooler, just having polyfil stuffed holes won’t be enough, you should also mist and fan.

have you looked at the normal dubtub tek?

Bounder

Thanks for the help El P, I use a fan ten minutes 3 times a day . I’ll try to get polyfill

i also leave the cooler lid open at night when temps are cool, I use blue ice packs in the cooler during the day to keep temp down. Basically I’m off grid some of the time but always have a fridge.

C7D7296D-478D-42C8-9A39-F4F03DEBFFFC.thumb.jpeg.b2f758a07a909204358217a1da34b05a.jpeg