• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

AgentJ

Hey guys I am new to growing

Question

AgentJ

I need someone to tell me if this jar is contaminated, I inocted about 4 weeks ago and it's all yellow it does seem to have some aborts. Its a cubensis.

IMG_20190708_144537643.jpg

IMG_20190708_144531672.jpg

IMG_20190708_144545692.jpg

8 answers to this question

Sonshyn

That color looks weird to me . Haven’t messed with cakes in awhile though . The last ones i messed with were nice and white . Yours is looking yellow which I would normally say is just metabolites but I haven’t had metabolites on cakes . 

Chuggychow

I don’t do cakes, so anything I say could be wrong. 

It could be metabolites or it could be contaminated, I wouldn’t risk it. However, if you open it and it smells like mushrooms and the yellow is just liquid without anything physical on the cake itself it could be ok. 

Do you have holes ontop of your jars covered with ms tape? The foil could be blocking the GE. 

AgentJ

Yeah ita strange, I've seen pictures of contaminated cakes but non of them look like this. It's been growing like that from the very beginning and it actually grew pretty quick. So idk what to do, fruit it or toss it?

I have foil blocking the holes. I inoced 16 jars with different strains, all seem yo be growing fine and 5 of them with this one grew the fastest, these are about 95% ready

MagicalCriminal

Looks like water in the jar. I would say metabolites from excessive moisture.

AgentJ

Oh ok that would make sense, I am using an aquarium heater method and my hydrometer has been reading around 90% humidity. I guess i should try to air it out every now and then

MagicalCriminal

No. You shouldn't open those jars until ready to birth...unless your goal is to grow mold.

AgentJ

Oh no i meant open the chamber not the jars. I'm at work but when i get back I'll open that one jar i posted, if it smells fine ill begin to fruit because i noticed a very small black dot on one of the aborts, so I'm gonna pick them out and begin to fruit

Sonshyn

Was it 100% colonized ? Even after it is 100% wait a week so you can be sure the center is colonized too .