• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Wrick90

Casing and pf tek

Wrick90

Ok, so this is my first grow, first post. I understand the inoculation process, fruiting chamber ect. What i dont understand is casings. I have 36 inoculated jars and im trying to maximize my yield. I understand how to make a casing, what i dont understand is once youve made the casing, is that the fruiting chamber also? Please help

Moonphase

PF tek is 1/2 pint jars.   One week past 100% colonization you take them out of the jar, put them into a water bath for 24 hours, take them out, roll them in coarse vermiculite, put them on lids with holes in them filled with more verm that has been wetted and allowed drain off.   Then you put them into a fruiting chamber which is basically just a clear storage tote with weather shipping filled with 4 inches of wet perlite.   Try to maintain 80% relative humidity.  Mist and fan 3-5 times daily to stimulate evaporation.   A casing is used with a bulk tek which requires a casing if Rh is going to be below 80%.   They are different teks.   

Wrick90

That makes a LOT more sense. I was under the impression you created the brf cakes and turned those into a case tek. Does that make sense?

• Butthurt 1

MagicalCriminal

The vermiculite you roll them in is the casing. The casing helps maintain correct RH. Casing is needed if RH is below 90% but IMO is always a good idea. Once pins appear, cut back on misting the cakes but continue misting the chamber.

DonkeyHote
18 hours ago, Wrick90 said:

That makes a LOT more sense. I was under the impression you created the brf cakes and turned those into a case tek. Does that make sense?

You could do that, but if you start with cakes, it's easier just to fruit them as they are. If you want to try a bulk tek, like dub tubs, you should start with wild bird seed and not the BRF/ Verm mix.

Shroomer28

Hi, I just started to grow shrooms. I started with the simple grow kit that already has everything prepared. But I want to switch to bulk growing for the yield. I run out too quick with the small grow kits.