• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

mushlove

mycelium growing on surface of liquid culture

mushlove

Is it okay to just leave the fuzzy surface of mycelium that has touched the air in my stored liquid cultures for extended storage or do you recommend shaking once in a while? I know its not contam because I've used liquid culture before that have this on the surface and they are fine but im wondering for extended storage purposes. like over a year

MagicalCriminal

I don't think you want to store LC that long without starting a new one. But thanks for telling me you have floaties too. I was about to toss some LC jars because of that.

Mush Zombie

It’s fine. It happens. 

• Thanks 1

mushlove
On 7/10/2019 at 1:27 PM, MagicalCriminal said:

I don't think you want to store LC that long without starting a new one. But thanks for telling me you have floaties too. I was about to toss some LC jars because of that.

yeah i prob should make a new one from it. how long can you keep a culture going if you just xfer it every few months to a new liquid culture? forever pretty much? as it stands that particular culture im referring to is only a couple months old atm. was under the impression you can keep a malt karo LC going for over a year

On 7/10/2019 at 5:08 PM, Mush Zombie said:

It’s fine. It happens. 

sweet thanks