Jump to content
  • Welcome Guest!

    Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Recommended Posts

Clusterfuc#d

imageproxy.php?img=&key=49739940d2821ad7imageproxy.php?img=&key=49739940d2821ad7imageproxy.php?img=&key=49739940d2821ad7

This is how my dumping spot looks, should have gotten pics before i picked most of them. I just dumped my contams directly on the ground, weeds and all, and covered with a bit of compost. The shrooms didnt seem to mind.

P_20190802_084710_LL.jpg

August 2nd. Well, here it goes. Dont hold your breath, this may take a while, and might not accomplish anything. There are so many variables to take into account. But just for shits n giggles, the average daytime highs are around 80, and lows tend to be around 70. Semi cleared spot for new experimemtal outdoor patch, left some weeds and grass, shouldnt be a problem due to limited sun exposure( about 3-4 hours of direct sunlight) things dont grow too well in this location . Might be a waste of time, and a couple bucks, but as they say..nothing ventured nothing gained( or something like that?)

P_20190802_084651_LL.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clusterfuc#d

I am planning on  innoculating wbs directly through compost in a grid pattern about 6 " apart on the 4th, or 5th. Not sure exactly on the spacing, which kind of spores, or how much im injecting into each site yet. I will post info once i figure that out and get er done. After that,  there probobly wont be another post on this thread for quite a while. Feel free to offer suggestions on how many cc of spores, and spacing. I might even use a couple different varieties of spores, my dump patch has teachers, and ks supers growing almost right next to eachother, so im thinking...why not? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonshyn

Following, good luck 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clusterfuc#d

Ok. The spore selection ended up being columbian rust spore. After deep contemplation, and a nap, i figured that if i went with those, i could positively i.d. the mushrooms growing in the patch (if they do grow at all) as the ones i started there, and not some strays from a nearby dump. I nocced 24 sites about 5" apart with 2 syringes and  covered the patch with a couple large tote lids to hold moisture in while the spores do thier thing .I will holding off watering for as long as possible to prevent washing the spores away before they get a chance to rip. Will update as soon as something happens. Hopefully i will see something no later than early september but its out of my hands, and in Mother Nature's now. Peace friends!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoodGary

Following ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dank Trees

Good stuff! I will be sure to give outdoor a go in the future, looks like a fun experiment. Please most more pictures/updates :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MagicalCriminal

I make slurries from colonized grain and water in blender to take in a jug to parks and trails  just pour some on the ground when I see a likely spot. Hopefully by spring will be lots of mush along my favorite hikes.  

Yesterday I started my outdoor cyan flower bed. Hope it takes off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...