• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Wrick90

1 ever grow, going off without a hitch!

Biker4life1986

I just started back after 15 yes myself and everything is going good so far

IMG_20190729_231634.jpg

• Like 1

Wrick90

Sweet! What kinda shroomie you working with? Thats spreading nicely, and appears to be really healthy!

Mycomeso

You inoculated grain jars with a BRF cake that was done fruiting or straight from colonization to inoculation? It’s a lil bit of an off method could I ask what made you want to go that route? I’ve always wondered how the flour of the brown rice would work with grains.....Good job on the grow mate and glad you found a new hobby to try and master,stuff sure is wonderfully addicting!

• Like 1

Moonphase

That's different.   And, interesting.   😎

• Like 1

Biker4life1986
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Wrick90 said:

Sweet! What kinda shroomie you working with? Thats spreading nicely, and appears to be really healthy!

I have Amazonian penis envy Golden teachers and Burma they all show 💯 sign of colonization 98 jars totall is there a better method then pf Tek this is how I use to do it 15 years ago but spores wasnts as easy to access when I first started this process I was 16 I'm 32 now I was using pf tech method before it had a name I'm very dedicated to my work so if there is another way to increase my yeild I'm open for suggestions I'm on my 3rd week of colonization with my 1and 2 batch fruiting Chambers are made  anyone else grow the Amazonian I'm excited about them I been reading about rye seed something's are hard to obtain were I live it to alot of time and money to invest in this project but I got a total clean room were I've deffently minimized outside influence I should have 24 jars almost at full colonization I screwed up when I was younger we had to propetate our spores and contaminate totally got me in the end after several successful batches this time I'm controlling the environment any opinions how to get the most out of my jars

How many jars did is the most u have done I have right around 98 jars just wondering if anyone one has a chart that shows how much each strain produces 

Edited by Biker4life1986
  • Like 1

Wrick90

Dude, 98 jars is soooooo much spawn! I assume you are using brf and verm? In my research, you can fruit them as a cake, or do what i did and crumble them up in a bag and transfer them to a bulk substrate. I prefer the rez affect. Its a tek on here by mushzombie i believe and is going great. But most people will tell you if you go through the pef tek method that it's not worth the trouble to transfer to bulk, just fruit them as cakes. But i haven't went through enough trial and error to know which is best for me yet. I can't even fathom how many mushrooms your going to produce from 98 jars. Lol. Good luck! 

• Like 1

Biker4life1986

Kmi had 1 cake ready today I'm dunking it for 24 hrs some cAkes even though they colonize still are a lil loose and I probably will crumble some if they start on there own I've actually been expecting it  cause there's no since throughing out good cakes I kinda wanted to wait and dunk them all at the same time an I use my dunk tank reapeatedly

• Like 1

Biker4life1986

98 cakes sounds like alot I bet I'm holding around 98 percent one jar did nothing maybe I forgot to colonize it took me the last 3 weekends to make that money and 130$ in spores but no since in doing this small if we're going to do it 

Mycomeso

I really applaud the ingenuity!!I think you may of discovered the most efficient way to use a BRF cake 😃 Awesome stuff mate!!!!

• Like 1

Biker4life1986

I'm using brown rice and chopping it in a ninja with verm yes I forgot to answer hopefully I'll have alot of awsome pictures here soon it all looks good in glass but we all know contamination can hit at any level or stage I'm praying im on the clean side of things this go around I got my next month planned out anyway to get everything going

• Like 1

Wrick90

They took off wirh the grain extremely fast more of an experiment than anything. Glad it has worked so far

Biker4life1986

Here's a pic of Amazonian and penis envy my second batch my first was Golden teacher and are a day or two a head of these there almost there for that one jar that's done nothing can I cut off a piece of mycilium and throw in it

IMG_156503868136F.jpg

Wrick90

If you followed the pf tek method, then you should have put a dry layer of verm on top, i wouldnt try to move it to get it in there. I would just pitch and keep rolling personally 

MagicalCriminal

Most people have problems getting PE cakes to fruit. PE fruits better in a bulk grow. 

Biker4life1986

I used a shit load of spores though I got 1 single cake dunked and rolled in verm setting on perlite in small container see if it fruits me any shrooms babies for the weekend

DonkeyHote
On 8/5/2019 at 3:22 PM, Biker4life1986 said:

I have Amazonian penis envy Golden teachers and Burma they all show 💯 sign of colonization 98 jars totall is there a better method then pf Tek this is how I use to do it 15 years ago but spores wasnts as easy to access when I first started this process I was 16 I'm 32 now I was using pf tech method before it had a name I'm very dedicated to my work so if there is another way to increase my yeild I'm open for suggestions I'm on my 3rd week of colonization with my 1and 2 batch fruiting Chambers are made  anyone else grow the Amazonian I'm excited about them I been reading about rye seed something's are hard to obtain were I live it to alot of time and money to invest in this project but I got a total clean room were I've deffently minimized outside influence I should have 24 jars almost at full colonization I screwed up when I was younger we had to propetate our spores and contaminate totally got me in the end after several successful batches this time I'm controlling the environment any opinions how to get the most out of my jars

How many jars did is the most u have done I have right around 98 jars just wondering if anyone one has a chart that shows how much each strain produces 

What's with the apostrophe

Biker4life1986

Well I got 6 ready to dunk how long after dunking them tell birth

Wrick90

I think you have terminology a little backwards. If you've dunked them they have already been birthed i believe. But dunk for 16-24 hours and then introduce to fc

Biker4life1986

I just want to know how long tell my shrooms start piping up o can't remember

Biker4life1986

Well I did a lil experiment with a hot bucket of water and a cold spray gun set my terrium on the hot bucket of water and moisted them down with cold water and I checked them today and the cake is definitely showing activity I was a lil worried 3 days nothing now pins every were

IMG_20190810_161052.jpg

• Like 1

Biker4life1986

It still hasn't done anything but pin how long before mushrooms start

mushmouth
21 hours ago, Biker4life1986 said:

It still hasn't done anything but pin how long before mushrooms start

I'd give it another -1 day till you see mushrooms start.