• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Wrick90

Are the white rings the veil?

Wrick90

20190807_122740.jpg

Are the white rings the veil? Have they broke?

Mycomeso

No they haven’t broke.The white ring around the  stipe (stem) is literally called a ring I guess if you wanted to get technical and over complicate things you could call it a annulus but why muddy up the waters?  What your looking for to know when they are about to break is the veil will almost be stretched tight to brink of breaking by itself is good indication it’s about to bust. Here’s good example from personal collection .

D27B0AD2-E3A7-4B20-805F-78A4D37DAC66.jpeg

• Like 1

Wrick90

Dude, that is sweet looking! Any idea how long it took from pin to your picture? Seems like mine are growing super slow!

Mycomeso

About 4-10 days sorry it’s not really pin point accurate range but there’s whole lot of variables which come into play in that area. I’ve once had to basically get outta dodge resulting in some cakes that were pinning great getting thrown into a less than ideal situation fast forward week later and for most part you can resume as normal but I wanna stress this but have absolutely no data or science to prove this but here goes anyways  it’s probably a lot better for the cake to just start fresh so whatever pins you did have I find them easier to pick off rather then having a 50/50 toss up if it’s gonnna die and create a bacterial hot spot or resume. Here’s some more pics since yah liked the last  😂 kinda showing what is ideal. Now I also wanted to get u/mushzombie in on the discussion because he does have a sticky post about cultivating technique but he seems to lean towards cultivating right at moment veil breaks I actually try  to time it just slightly before as to keep potency at max capacity. Cause here me out spores dropping wheather or not they are carrying active ingredients is still weight yes I know incredibly negligent but regardless nonetheless still holds true. 

B1AE8437-19D0-4C71-A397-CC281E22C183.jpeg

• Like 1

MagicalCriminal

Your argument is flawed. If mush lost weight due to sporification, the mush would weigh less with same potency as before but now weigh less making them more potent by the gram.

• Like 1

Mycomeso

Well several things I have to learn for myself before I decide if the logic is flawed here’s a few.

1. Do spores carry any actives

2. What amount of potency is lost before and after veil breaks

3. Scale of general actives and there half life’s so as to know what kinda time frame is best.

You said my logic is flawed but I wonder why still,are you saying you don’t lose weight during sporfication?

DirtBagDan

Spores weigh next to nothing, no there aren’t actives in spores.

Mycomeso

Hence why I even mentioned the Incredibly negligent amount of weight they weigh alas they DO WEIGH SOMETHING riiighht?Why even mention that just kinda feel like we are splitting hairs on something we both know?

8 hours ago, DirtBagDan said:

Spores weigh next to nothing, no there aren’t actives in spores.

• Like 1

MagicalCriminal

It is flawed by assuming potency loss the moment spores are dropped.  I know of no studies that prove this. However we do know what can cause degradation. Light, high temps, moisture. I think it is safe to say rot would cause loss also. Spores contain no actives or they would be illegal to purchase. Using your argument that spore weight reduces overall weight  means active weight remains that same thereby increasing potency of the remaining weight not lowering it.  

@MZ loves to make us think. He gives the answer but leaves it up to you to connect the dots by not explaining why at first.  My therory on why he picks when he does is as follows. The moment spores drop, the life cycle has been completed and decomp(rot) begins reducing potency.

To add another pickle to your barrel, mush grow larger during sporification and slightly after(still growing). So what mechanism is it that  supposedly lowers potency?

Mycomeso

Ahhhhh see this is the stuff that’s driving me absolutely bonkers!!!!!!!Why hasn’t any studies or research been done already?!?!I agree @MagicalCriminal I see where your going with all of that and the logic follows. Here is where my logic was coming from.

They say for maximum psylocybin the point for that in a mushroom is right as the veil begins to open so if that’s the case you go much further past or before that line and that’s what where optimum is...establishing “my study” of WHEN to pick I guess.

Your right much research to be done,I honestly was going off the mushroom not enlarging anymore at that point.(I thought the mushroom stopped growth at that point)  Learning stuff everyday tho and it’s freaking awesome and I love it!!!

In other news getting that new patented blend that one dude submitted is bit trickier than originally I thought.Quinoa is a pain to work with!Thx for your insight Magic!

DirtBagDan

1. Do spores carry any actives

are you saying you don’t lose weight during sporfication?

these cuts of text are from your previous post, that’s why I commented the way I did, but hey if you want to call answering you splitting hairs I’ll just ignore your posts. Good luck 

Mycomeso

In reference to the Weight Dan..I didn’t know about the actives so yea I do appreciate that info. I know how little spores weigh and we all can pretty much with common sense say it’s close to nadda. My point was I was trying to focus the convo more or less the dynamics of how exactly to even frame a experiment like this?Like all variables that are going to needed to be recorded etc etc, not trying to dissuade you from the convo,just trying to tease a little more info out was all.Sorry you took it in hostile manner wasn’t the intention mate.

mushmouth

The idea is as follows...

Actives production ceases upon spore production. From then until the mushroom spooges, the mushroom can gain a lot of weight. This extra weight can be thought of as non active.

No studies have been conducted thus far.

• Like 1