• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Mycomeso

So here’s to Experimentation!Bringing microwave to play with.

Mycomeso

So basically here’s a little lay down of where the inspiration came from, I recently heard of a scientist that was able to cure malaria through the introduction of a another parasitic virus. Seems counterintuitive to bring another bad thing into system but hey it worked out much to his chagrin and Nobel prize winning. My experiment is bAsically trying to find a microwaveable point (if any at all??) which may kill or stall unwanted contams but leave mycelium alone. Not exactly sure what kind of effects microwaves have on this so might be kinda fun! 

75B01828-4B7B-423F-B6F5-A6805713321E.jpeg

MagicalCriminal

Irradiating living tissue? Maybe they will glow in the dark.

• Haha 1

Mycomeso

Lol mycomeso radiation tek coming right up!🤔🤔🤔 Not sure that quite rolls off the tongue as elegantly as desired but I guess in life we can’t always have it our way lol.

The regimen I’m gonna try is just a quick 15 second burst at 700watts to try and get that living tissue to act right!

After 15 seconds it will surprisingly warmer then I was expecting,lotsa moisture of course and just by naked eye observation I think I solved everyone’s future problems lol cause I’m not seeing it anymore!!!This is satirical don’t crucify last sentence pleaaaassee 🤫

GoodGary

So if I'm not mistaken the microwave will kill bacteria only by raising the temp of whatever you're microwaving to the temp that the bacteria dies at. Quick search tells me that would be roughly 170* F for most bacteria. There are a few write ups online about killing mold on bread with a microwave before removing it, so it appears it's true for molds. Since the electromagnetic radiation microwaves give off cooks or heats up food by vibrating the water molecules, and fungi/mycelium use water and stay hydrated, then the fungi/mycelium will also heat up. I believe they will die at about 106* F (correct me if I'm wrong please). 

I have a feeling the mycelium will die if it reaches 106* F before you are able to kill off all the contams, unless the contams die off at a much lower temp. 

All that said, please experiment and post results. Experiment for the sake of experimentation. 

Mycomeso

It ended up with this white/brownish spotted gunked up stuff which honestly I couldn’t quite tell what it was but the weird thing was it didn’t have that foul wet sock odor that contams usually have.

GoodGary

Well, at least it's dead...

Mycomeso

I now wonder after a through scorching if it is at all possible to maybe “jumpstart” said container by inoculating with a second go around and perhaps what mycelium was in there can be easily metabolized by the dead content because biologically it should be very favorable material for the new mycelium eh????

GoodGary

I don't know but, experiment!