Mycomeso

So how far can the root system of a plant in nutrient rich soil “reach” before death?I know we have ideal levels you’d want to for optimal success but was hypothetical max? Is a seed running off stored energy or does it have ANY biological nutrient uptake methods in that form? Here’s why I wonder had this happen.Thing absolutely would not be denied !

image.jpg

Mycomeso

This container is from one them recent patents I discovered actually posted about not to terribly long ago but having pretty hard time dialing in this quinoa with the other seeds....Seems to wanna mushify little sooner than ideal and quicker than all the other seeds,I tried cheating and lowering my Pressure Cooker time but obviously that left me with seeds sprouting soooooo I guess I’ll go to next solution I’m going to try soaking the quinoa half the amount of time as the other grains and that SHOULD hopefully do the trick to dial this thing in.

MagicalCriminal

A seed does have stored energy in the form of starch and sugar converted from the starch. As for a nutrient uptake system, not until germination. After that the root is the uptake system.

I am not sure I understand what your asking with your first sentence. In a nutrient dense soil/ sub roots don't need to travel far. I believe what your asking is pertaining to lack of nutes where the root will stretch out searching for nutes.

• Like 2
Mycomeso

Ok so you answered the majority of it by telling me a seed has no viable nute uptake system. I have some ideas that are in the beginning stages of really having a decent shot at some improvements to some things...Basically that’s whole lotta stored energy into the seed so perhaps some gains could be made out of making a type of blended mix almost how on if you use BRF cakes and get the wrong thicker verm you can just throw in the blender and create a mix of the real fine and not so fine?Perhaps WBS should be done in this way as well so as to create more compact dense nute subs for the mushrooms to feed off of.

And of course don’t need no plants sprouting and taking nutes from the mush so gotta get that under control but yah.

• Like 1
MagicalCriminal

I don't do BFR cakes so fine verm is not wanted in my grow. Same goes for broken/ground grain. I don't think you are headed in the right direction  but this should prove interesting reading.

Mycomeso

I don’t “do” BRF for just production runs but I dont mind tinkering around with I like experimenting with them tho.Just coming up with just better ways to do things that improve yields. Ya know?Heres another one that’ll be a fun experiment, I’m try to get the weight ratio figured out to be able to do a free hanging cake that way your getting production out of the full surface area (whatcha think bout this one?) Majority of my life is prolly gonna be spent in the experimentation forums is where I’ll be hangin out.I got regular Just general runs down its time to start exploring the unknowns ya know?

image.jpg