• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

NiceMyce

Seeking Feedback on First pf tek Grow, Fruiting, Aborts & Contam

NiceMyce

Hello!  First grow here and using the PF tek, noob yada yada

I am 5 nights into the fruiting stage. Been keeping the temp around 72-73, humidity 95-99, 10 hours light/14 hours dark, and a more or less constant supply of fresh air.  

~half of my cakes were noc'd with golden teachers, and the other half with tha lipa yai.

I have many questions but will keep them concise, and hoping someone with experience can help a brother out since there is an incredible amount of contradicting information on the web about every step of the process. 

Questions:

1 - Does anything in these pics look like aborts?

2 - Any signs of contamination, or cause for concern?  I am noticing tiny spots on many of the lil shroom heads (#1). One shroom head looks hollowed out (#2) and one looks a bit dilapidated (#3)

3 - Any recommendations for speeding up the fruiting of the TLY cakes? Does my FC in pic #5 sound any alarms to anyone? ....7 GT cakes on the left,  9 TLY cakes on the right and bottom center, and then 1 cake top center that I noc'd with both GT and TLY just because I was curious what would happen.  (The humidity is down because I had the top off for a bit. )   In general, it looks like the TLY cakes are lagging. In fact. 4 out of the 9 TLY cakes don't have any pins, but it appears the mycelium is taking over the verm from my dunk/roll.  I see nothing other than white in the cakes and in the perite.  

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. While this is my first time, I'm really trying not to fuck it up.

many thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 1

rastashroom

1-i don´t think so

2-looks fine, the Tiny White spots are from fruiting, no Problem

did you use a desinfect like isoprop? (pic 2-4 shows this eventually)

3 for speeding up you have to do a timetravel. for better fruiting you have to stop doing pf-cakes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Moonphase

Too much free air exchange.   In my opinion.   

• Like 1

NiceMyce

Thanks for the replies.

If a cake isn’t even pinning after a week in the FC, would you toss it out or just give it more time? I have 5 cakes without pins but otherwise they do look healthy.

thanks

Moonphase

Two weeks.   Maybe a little longer.   Depending on the cake nutrients and evaporation rate.

mushmouth

Fine looking grow!!!