• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Bojack

Pre making jars

Bojack

Update after about 14 days most of my first jars are ready for the shake.  And the ones I prepare and let sit for 2weeks already are showing signs of spore growth after just two days!! So they stayed good for at least two weeks.  Hopefully I will be doing the run in a week or so. 

MagicalCriminal

I can't say this is concrete info because I had a hell of a time dialing in moisture.

Even sterilized, the grain can sour. However if moisture content is correct, you can get much more time out of an in nocced bag before souring. Even my wet bags would last about 2 weeks. Trying to figure this out, I left one bag from each PC batch unnocced as I sorted out my moisture issues.  Now that moisture is dialed in, I can say that at room temp, a sterilized bag of grain will last 3-4 weeks before beginning to sour. To make it more confusing, I am unsure at what point this is a detriment to growth. In the past I have had good but slow growth in bags too wet and beginning to sour. Growth is fine at the top of bags but not on the waterlogged bottom until the bag was turned on its side when growth increased on the bottom from (hypothetical not being submerged) I doubt if I will go much further with this experiment as my moisture level has been dialed in for my grows.  Currently on bags I believe have correct moisture content bags last 4 weeks and grow just as well at 3 weeks as week 1. I tossed week 4 bag because I'm dialed in on moisture now. Conclusion: 3 weeks out of PC is fine with me IF moisture content is correct.

• Like 1

Bojack

Okay sooo my dumbass filled my wbs jars too full.  I suppose what I am wondering is how white do these things need to be some of my jars look pretty good to me I will wait a few more days but I am not super sure if I should wait till I cannot see any seed at all or if it is possible to leave the myc in the jars too long? Pic below left for assessment and opinion thanks. 

I am thinking maybe Friday she should be ready. 

2135E879-F58F-4E5B-A37C-02F4C87BA51C.jpeg

mushmouth

If the myc is whispy that’s plenty white enough.

Friday seems good.

• Thanks 1