• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Bojack

Pre making jars

Bojack

Getting ready to try my first experiment doing the dub tub.  I wanna start with 24 jars and was wondering if I could pc them through the week and then set them aside and inoculate during the weekend.  If so what would be the longest you would recommend letting them sit or once they are pc’d they are pretty much sterile.  Thanks for the help looking forward to my new journey. 

• Like 1

Bojack

I will and thanks for the input I am gonna start some this week and take pics so you guys can critique me.  Gonna try and inoculate with out an air hood not sure the old lady will let me buy the filter and fan right away. 

Chuggychow

If you want you can modify a 60qt tub with two arm holes to create a SAB (still air box). It’ll help keep any unwanted contaminants out but it’s not 100%. 

• Like 1

Bojack

I saw that too.  The problem is I can’t get any of those hepa filter on amazon shipped to here.  So I am gonna just go to homedepot and get a couple thinner hepa filters and stack them in a home made box.  I think it should work.  If you have any other ideas I am open to suggestions, I am just not a big fan of the still air box i am clumsy and would make a mess. 

• Like 1

Sonshyn
16 hours ago, Bojack said:

I will and thanks for the input I am gonna start some this week and take pics so you guys can critique me.  Gonna try and inoculate with out an air hood not sure the old lady will let me buy the filter and fan right away. 

If you can buy a true hepa filter at walmart for 50$ you can make a positive air bag to work in . Works like a charm . Look up cheap ass flow bag in the forums 

• Like 2

Sonshyn

I should say you have to buy more THan the filter you will need the unit . 

Bojack
Posted (edited)

that looks pretty awesome!  Thanks for the lead there is a lot of info I am trying to find it all before I post easy repeat questions.  I was looking and all I have in island are frp 9 Honeywell filters could I build a hood with those or I found a 24x24 merv 14 filter at grainier I think I might get that if that is enough filtration. found an attic fan 1450 cfm not sure if those filters are good enough?  I can find those smaller hepa filters though so I might just have to do the bag.  https://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/AIR-HANDLER-Cartridge-Air-Filter-5W921?breadcrumbCatId=2074&fc=MWP2IDP2PCP

Edited by Bojack

Sonshyn

My bag is doing well for me. 

Bojack

Settled on bag and hepa filter only. Ah I could find that was clear was 40gal so should be plenty of room haha.

Bojack

So I am making my wbs jars And looks like there is more corn than I was expecting.  I wanna do whole oats that I have how much do i use for a quart jar.  I am doing dub tub method. 

MagicalCriminal

Check the Tek section under grain spawn. Read and many questions will be answered.

Bojack

Thanks 

Bojack

Obviously First time after my pc 90 min my tyvek melted and looks bad what did I do wrong. 

180360A2-7A9A-4C0B-AFBE-E532EA3B8B5A.jpeg

mushmouth

Dam. I've seen this problem from other people. Not sure what's going on but it can't possibly be the same Tyvek envelopes I use. I've used some MANY times without issue.

Chuggychow
42 minutes ago, Bojack said:

180360A2-7A9A-4C0B-AFBE-E532EA3B8B5A.jpeg

Is that RTV? 

Bojack

Yes that is rtv and I used the construction tyvek that I had in my garage. 

Chuggychow

After doing a little research the only thing I can come up with is that it’s Typar and not Tyvek. I might be wrong but it’s my only guess. 

• Like 1

Bojack

Oh yeah probably okay I will run to the post office today and see if that helps thanks. 

Chuggychow

I hope that’s all it is. Keep your head up and stay positive. :pumpit:

Bojack

So went to the PO and the material is completely different I am sure it will work now weird that if you follow directions without deviation it works.  Update tomorrow when they cool off thanks for the help and encouragement.  

• Like 2

Bojack

Much better looks damn good to me. 

215A204F-20C8-4342-92C9-929B29F1F9F3.jpeg

73B717D3-7C77-466E-9125-624DB6D19176.jpeg

• Like 2

Chuggychow

Glad it worked out for you.

Bojack

Okay I am ready to let these baby’s sit for a while is it better to have a space that is between 75-77 and 60% humidity.  Or 79-87 and 72% .  This is for the incubation period.  Not sure if they can be too hot thanks for the help again i am having a blast. 

Chuggychow

Your jars will produce an extra degree or even two. I would stick with 75 to 77.  Jars can get too hot. 

• Like 1