• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Bojack

First time experiment

Bojack

24 jars ready to go just waiting on my Verm and we can start filling 2A96664B-B4E9-4395-98B6-970A8214B422.jpeg.9afe9ee60cfb8d636de91a317bf35757.jpeg

• Like 1

Bojack

First 11 jars pc’d gonna do another 7 tonight first 11 have too much corn imo.  Gonna sift the other 13 and see how they all compare.  

Bojack

Came up with a nice sifter to separate the sunflower works great and is perfect amount for 7 quart jars. 3C8EEFE9-7826-4F3B-8979-DB2147CEBD81.jpeg.f673d3c633b04eb2b3b66ba72bf239d7.jpeg

4A5F8325-79D4-45ED-A23F-2385BC734DC1.jpeg

Bojack

Crazy cleaning tactics in effect cleaned the entire bathroom with bleach solution ceiling and all.  Now have 3 hepa filters running since last night.  And how have my uv-c light close to my positive air work space to kill any other pesky critters.  Crazy but hope it works I have 24 jars to make work. 

6AD63220-8605-4E9E-B555-1695FAD6855A.jpeg

MagicalCriminal

Not sure why peeps like using bathroom for sterile work. Between nasty bio and great growth conditions for molds and mildews, I would prefer to work on the tailgate of my truck. However you probably have clean bathroom now.

BTW, your ships look a little thick. You might want to hold it down with a clean finger when you withdraw the noc syringe. That's a lot of silicone to pull a needle back through.

• Like 2

Bojack

Trust me I don’t like using a bathroom that’s all I has available this time once my Rommie moves out I will use that small room it has carpet but whatever. 

Update that did not go as smoothly as I wanted. I wasted about half the first syringe on the first two jars touchy needle.  But we got it figured out and the next 15 went well.  I have 17 total done this round and we will see how it goes.  I am gonna hold on to the other 7 jars and see if they stay sterile the whole Month till I get ready to do my Hawaiin. 

Bojack

I know I have been a bad boy but I just couldn’t help it today after 4 days of inc period I had to check on my little babies.  I now it says allow up to at least 14 days to see results but some of my jars have myc already forming 🥳 super pumped and will leave them alone for hopefully another 4-5 days and see the formation or once they start does it go pretty quick...  Just wanted to update.  

MagicalCriminal

Just don't open them now and don't peek during sub colonization. That is if going to bulk.

Bojack

Yeah I won’t open and I won’t during sub but I know I have to shake these at like 30% to speed it up . 

mushmouth

Once the spores open, growth of myc should be pretty fast. It will be ok to open the inc after 7 days or so, but just to look at the jars. Anything more and you'll be the one pulling heads off shrimp at the next ology fish fry.

• Haha 2

Bojack

Hahaha okay I will contain myself I guess I will just start some more jars to keep me busy for now. Thanks for all the responses I am glad I found such a knowledgeable and nice group. 

• Like 2

MagicalCriminal

I try to start more every month. Still so many strains I want to grow. First grow did 4 strains but only 3 made it to fruit.  Started 2 more different ones a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

Bojack

Yeah I have pe and hawaiin just don’t want to start pe till I know what I am doing those sound pretty awesome 

mushmouth

Any bulk tek here will work for any cube. But for the PE strains, you should be ready to keep fruiting conditions for much longer.

• Like 2

MagicalCriminal

PE and cyan are the new ones I am growing now. I nocced the cyan back in May and put it to bed last week. I will definitely be starting more before either fruit. 

Bojack

I finally bit the bullet I 12 jars were ready for the shake.  I did it as gentle as I could but it was tough seeing all those huge myc clumps get broken up but I know it is for the best.  And my two week old jars working great showing some growth in only 2 days let’s hope these jars catch up and I can have a huge fruit convention.  

mushmouth
26 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I finally bit the bullet I 12 jars were ready for the shake.  I did it as gentle as I could but it was tough seeing all those huge myc clumps get broken up but I know it is for the best.  And my two week old jars working great showing some growth in only 2 days let’s hope these jars catch up and I can have a huge fruit convention.  

You don't need to be gentle with the 20% shake. You need to separate every grain.

• Like 1

Bojack

Oh crap I don’t think I did that I serrated all the non myc grains but I don’t think I got all the white broken up most of it I believe.  I didn’t want to ruin the myc I already had not sure if I could kill it. Oh well for the rest of the jars I will shake em real good. Thank you 

• Like 1

Bojack

Well the shake was good I went to check on my other jars and the ones I shook just last night are freaking covering the entire jar you aren’t kidding about speeding up the process. 

• Like 1

Bojack

okay so I am putting 7 of my jars into spawn run tomorrow, and I am going to be gone for about ten days.  Two part question.  Will my other jars be fine in the jar till I get back they will be about 30% and if so should I shake them before I leave or let them go a bit slower since I will be gone. Also is this contaminated sour grain? This is the only jar that looks like this out of like the 30 that I have done.  

6D07ABFF-DE27-4BD7-8D80-6DBD752F3961.jpeg

Bojack

So everything is going slower than expected but well I just did 10 jars today and it is looking good.  Things I learned that the myc in the jars are like freaking blocks very hard to get out.  And holy cow I cannot believe the smell that come from those jars the mush smell almost suffocated me but that must be a good indicAtion they are good and strong.  I can assure you these will be the best mush I have ever had the ones I have had in the street didn’t smell anywhere near this strong. 

7A2288B5-6CFB-4D43-ABD0-AB69FABF8320.jpeg

D1DCAB5D-F1DD-47BB-B053-C6FF149374EE.jpeg

Bojack

Not sure if anyone even looks at this but this jar was deff spoiled grain I went for the shake and it was all brown and rotten looking 🤮 so I dug a while in the yard and dumped it in then soaked it we will see if anything happens it just seemed a waste with all the good myc in there.  Also with the other jars I went ahead and put them in for the shake so they will be ready for the run when I get back while the others at chillin in the fruit room. 

On 9/13/2019 at 3:16 PM, Bojack said:

okay so I am putting 7 of my jars into spawn run tomorrow, and I am going to be gone for about ten days.  Two part question.  Will my other jars be fine in the jar till I get back they will be about 30% and if so should I shake them before I leave or let them go a bit slower since I will be gone. Also is this contaminated sour grain? This is the only jar that looks like this out of like the 30 that I have done.  

6D07ABFF-DE27-4BD7-8D80-6DBD752F3961.jpeg

MagicalCriminal

It happens. I keep extra bags in the fridge. Dunno if it extends their life, but had fewer go sour. 

Sour grain smells sour right through the patch.

Bojack

Okay so I have been gone for 12 days and my spawn run looks kinda good from what I can see but my tubs are soaking in water from humidity can I just fruit without a casing  my vermiculite won’t be here for another week or so?  I am scared everything just got ruined he ones that I can see have strong myc growth with some patches of white fuzz can’t tell if it’s cobweb mold or just large patches of myc. Don’t want to take off the covers yet until tomorrow when I fruit