• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Bojack

First time experiment

Bojack

24 jars ready to go just waiting on my Verm and we can start filling 2A96664B-B4E9-4395-98B6-970A8214B422.jpeg.9afe9ee60cfb8d636de91a317bf35757.jpeg

• Like 1

Bojack

First 11 jars pc’d gonna do another 7 tonight first 11 have too much corn imo.  Gonna sift the other 13 and see how they all compare.  

Bojack

Came up with a nice sifter to separate the sunflower works great and is perfect amount for 7 quart jars. 3C8EEFE9-7826-4F3B-8979-DB2147CEBD81.jpeg.f673d3c633b04eb2b3b66ba72bf239d7.jpeg

4A5F8325-79D4-45ED-A23F-2385BC734DC1.jpeg

Bojack

Crazy cleaning tactics in effect cleaned the entire bathroom with bleach solution ceiling and all.  Now have 3 hepa filters running since last night.  And how have my uv-c light close to my positive air work space to kill any other pesky critters.  Crazy but hope it works I have 24 jars to make work. 

6AD63220-8605-4E9E-B555-1695FAD6855A.jpeg

MagicalCriminal

Not sure why peeps like using bathroom for sterile work. Between nasty bio and great growth conditions for molds and mildews, I would prefer to work on the tailgate of my truck. However you probably have clean bathroom now.

BTW, your ships look a little thick. You might want to hold it down with a clean finger when you withdraw the noc syringe. That's a lot of silicone to pull a needle back through.

• Like 1

Bojack

Trust me I don’t like using a bathroom that’s all I has available this time once my Rommie moves out I will use that small room it has carpet but whatever. 

Update that did not go as smoothly as I wanted. I wasted about half the first syringe on the first two jars touchy needle.  But we got it figured out and the next 15 went well.  I have 17 total done this round and we will see how it goes.  I am gonna hold on to the other 7 jars and see if they stay sterile the whole Month till I get ready to do my Hawaiin. 

MagicalCriminal

They should stay sterile but you might have problems with moisture loss or the grain souring.  Not sure what the mechanism is for souring, but I have had it happen without producing visible Tam.

If it looks good and smells like grain, use it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1