• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Dozzer

Patience is a virtue, if u dont like to wait, then this is not the hobby for you

MushBoss

Well put, this is a hobby of waiting and patience and more waiting for sure. The waiting does get exciting after a while of waiting. Again well put man.

Those Who Were

Very true words Bro!I just do the forget about it thing, that way I'm not waiting on anything with any sense of anxiety. I know how it works and i know it will work, so i just kick my feet up and let the fungal material do it's thing on it's own terms!Of course i hate the waiting on the pc...everyone does :lol: ! But i don't mind waiting on colonization times because, it's at that stage of the game where i don't have to do a thing :swirl: ! Mycology isn't for everybody, but it could be if.......everyone learned, "Patience Is A Virtue"!Peace All.NS

• Like 1

Str0be

I am at the point now where although I am waiting, its more like forget about everything and come back in 2 weeks to check. Or forgetting that its even there all together. lol.

• Like 1

Those Who Were

I've gotten some of my best results from just ignoring them completely, and WHAM! Bags full of goodness all of the sudden appear :lol: !All I have to do is get the first things done properly and it's let 'em rip time! I know that sounds simplistic, but in all reality, if a person knows what they are doing in the initial stages....All the rest is on auto-pilot. After I noc up spawn, I just let it sit for 7 days in the ic before i even look to see if there's good growth goin on...if there is and it's 15%, I shake 'em all, then forget about them for another 10 days. Once they are 100% consolidated I prep bulk sub to spawn to. After that, it's another 14 days of ic time...them room temp and daylight! In a few days I have pins...(except for PE...That takes a lil longer), but the results are always the same in the end......I have shrooms :swirl: . And All i had to do is wait!Peace.NS

• Like 1

Dozzer

I too love this hobby and actually enjoy the "Wait", it creates anticipation, and even as adults, we crave this feeling...theres absolutly nothing wrong with waiting, and just want someone to "wait" to ask the all mighty "How Long" question, I quickly skimmed over some threads here and there, I was really surprised at how many times it has been asked, even 2 or 3 times by same individuals, and answered the same way each time "Patience"...so I guess we will just have to be patient, as there will be someone new asking around the corner before we know it

EDIT : the one thing about this hobby of Mycology is, being a mycologist involves many skills and waiting and patience are topping the list, so no wonder we all answer the same question over and over, I believe it was a Mycologist who developed and perfected the meaning of "Patience & Wait"...I too was/still a newb, and at first it was overwhelming, information overload...but correct me if Im wrong, this is the easiest hobby around so to speak, once you complete all the steps and move onto a second grow, its second nature ...Or am I a super Mycologist, Ill wait to find out...lol

Peace From The East Brothas & Sistas

**D**

• Like 2

Those Who Were

Very true! The question will come up with the newest "newb" member....guaranteed! :lol:So, I guess I'll just "wait" for it and be real :swirl: with My answer!Peace.NS

• Like 1

Dozzer

Me to NS, Im prepaired to answer the same questions with patience...gonna have to do up a wrd doc for quick copy and paste...lolPeace**D**

BEYOND2

everythings hurry up and wait!!!!!!!!!!!...............nice write up dozzer

Those Who Were

I too love this hobby and actually enjoy the "Wait", it creates anticipation, and even as adults, we crave this feeling...theres absolutly nothing wrong with waiting, and just want someone to "wait" to ask the all mighty "How Long" question, I quickly skimmed over some threads here and there, I was really surprised at how many times it has been asked, even 2 or 3 times by same individuals, and answered the same way each time "Patience"...so I guess we will just have to be patient, as there will be someone new asking around the corner before we know it

EDIT : the one thing about this hobby of Mycology is, being a mycologist involves many skills and waiting and patience are topping the list, so no wonder we all answer the same question over and over, I believe it was a Mycologist who developed and perfected the meaning of "Patience & Wait"...I too was/still a newb, and at first it was overwhelming, information overload...but correct me if Im wrong, this is the easiest hobby around so to speak, once you complete all the steps and move onto a second grow, its second nature ...Or am I a super Mycologist, Ill wait to find out...lol

Peace From The East Brothas & Sistas

**D**

Correct! It does become second nature to a person who has diligently done all the proper initial steps, and found a tek that works and sticks to it! Once that first grow is out of the way and confidence is built...ya, it does become very routine. Not simple but routine.

Peace.

NS

• Like 1

Those Who Were

im a guy with little or no fuckin patience, but when it come to the o'l sacred hobby im a patient guy ! dont even keep track of how many days for this or that

Those Who Were

im a guy with little or no fuckin patience, but when it come to the o'l sacred hobby im a patient guy ! dont even keep track of how many days for this or that

LOMAK, I hear ya there! I do it only for my grow logs. That does not in any way imply that, that is all i have going on though! The lil bit i show here and on any OMC is just all i need to show to prove ability! And I have NO patience with the fungi either bro...I want it quick, BUT....I want it right!!Peace LO!NS

AL2O3

lol the waiting game!!

Those Who Were

LOMAK,I hear ya there! I do it only for my grow logs. That does not in any way imply that, that is all i have going on though! The lil bit i show here and on any OMC is just all i need to show to prove ability! And I have NO patience with the fungi either bro...I want it quick, BUT....I want it right!!Peace LO!NS

:D;)

feedmefodder

Good Read Dozzer!! two thumbs up man!

Neowulf

Only thing i don't like about mycology is the waiting.....but i feel its worth it....plus its exciting to see it go in stages little bit at a time....im newer and still check twice day.....but its fun and i get excited when i see new growth....i dont think it would be as fun if i nocc up oneday and the next i fruit

Guest DocShroo

Dozz what we need is a 3day tek, i guess we will just have to wait :lol:

Dozzer

Dozz what we need is a 3day tek, i guess we will just have to wait :lol:

:ROFL::headbang:

Neowulf

Man a 3 day tek would be awesome

Dozzer

Man a 3 day tek would be awesome

DOZZERZ 3 DAY FTW TEK

Pressure cook 1000 jars in 3 days, Nocc all 1000 in that 3 days, Incubate at 1000* for 3days, and then Cry for 3 days...Pics coming soon

Peace

**D**

• Like 2

OStricher

Dozzer, that might be the funniest truth I've read. Turtle & snail races are fast compared to this hobby.

• Like 1

Seekknowledge

When I first started I was checking every couple hours lol, I just couldn't wait. Now I am so busy doin stuff with my hobby time flies by, theres always something I need to do. I haven't even looked in my ic for like a week.

• Like 1

im a fun guy

Hey dude, waiting to do things is one of my best traits! :P Give me some gangja and I'm even better.

• Like 1

Dozzer

Hey dude, waiting to do things is one of my best traits! :P Give me some gangja and I'm even better.

MMMMMM...Ganja, the blunt always makes for good Patience and Observations...Bag-O-Budz, Xbox360 Controller, & a good online game is how I pass my waiting game...Damn I hate waiting for the game to load !! Peace **D**

thepuma

fuck'n-A !!!!!!!!!!!!!! After sterilization Patience is key, I mean key! maybe its just me but after you except that Patience is the only way this will work is when it starts getting fun. Also once you quit fucking with your jars too much it also helps! (who me?) haha but seriously one of the first things I learned from trial and error is don't fuck with your jars and no such thing as too clean/sterile.

• Like 1