• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Those Who Were

3rd Grow. ECUADOR B+ Amazonian. + GT and PR

Those Who Were

2 totes started on the 20th of August. Bags inoculated by my friends and me on the 24th of August. First pic is PR the second is GT. I'll case the PR soon. I'll be inoculating 2 bags with my Panaleous Tropiaclis today and you can follow that grow log on my other topic post.

20190826_100421.jpg

20190826_100459.jpg

20190826_100437.jpg

• Like 2

mushmouth

I wonder why that bottom tub isn't solid white.

• Like 1

Those Who Were

Because it's only been colonizing for 6 days... full colonization runs between 7- 10 days for faster colonizers. About 10-14 days for slower strains. And I usually go at least 10 for either. In reality it should be left a few days after colonizing anyways to let the mycelium strengthen a bit before fruiting. 

• Like 1

mushmouth
4 minutes ago, Tigerlily said:

Because it's only been colonizing for 6 days... full colonization runs between 7- 10 days for faster colonizers. About 10-14 days for slower strains. And I usually go at least 10 for either. In reality it should be left a few days after colonizing anyways to let the mycelium strengthen a bit before fruiting. 

For full colonization yes. But the top should be completely covered over after just a few days. At least that's how my grows go.

• Like 1

Those Who Were

My GT is looking fine and I got the pics mixed up. The bottom is the PR which are known for a slower rate of growth and I keep my temps in the 72 to 78 range as well. Yes it slows colonizing times but theres less chance of contamination. My spores for the totes are 3 to 4 months old as well. They will fruit just fine. I havent had many problems with that. Just working and fine tuning my process as I go

• Like 1

mushmouth
4 minutes ago, Tigerlily said:

My GT is looking fine and I got the pics mixed up. The bottom is the PR which are known for a slower rate of growth and I keep my temps in the 72 to 78 range as well. Yes it slows colonizing times but theres less chance of contamination. My spores for the totes are 3 to 4 months old as well. They will fruit just fine. I havent had many problems with that. Just working and fine tuning my process as I go

Well that sure does ease my worry.

What does PR mean?

• Like 1

Those Who Were

Puerto Rican variety. When I first got the spores they were a bit faster but it was also the middle of summer so temps were around 80 most of the time. I had a vert infection with a couple totes so I cleaned my space out and dropped the temp and installed an air filter in the room. I have faith they'll do better this time.

• Like 1

mushmouth
2 minutes ago, Tigerlily said:

Puerto Rican variety. When I first got the spores they were a bit faster but it was also the middle of summer so temps were around 80 most of the time. I had a vert infection with a couple totes so I cleaned my space out and dropped the temp and installed an air filter in the room. I have faith they'll do better this time.

Is this tub from the same print, syringe or colony?

Those Who Were

Yeah I used the last bit of the same PR syringe. So now I'll find out if it's the spores but I highly doubt that. All my other spores did just fine so I do believe it was my fault. I switched compost and rye too. Just to be safe.

• Like 1

Those Who Were

I've read that before. Thanks.

Those Who Were

Just cased my GT and PR totes. The grain bags have yet to pop with white. But they should be coming along any day now

• Like 1

mushmouth

Good to hear you cased them.

Those Who Were

The cases totes with GT and PR are looking fantastic. My bags haven't shown any visible signs yet of colonization but it's only been a few days so we play the waiting game. Now since I cased these and plan on casing all other grows, what do i need to do as far as misting goes? I've read that you mist less because of said casing layer. I've also heard dont mist til you see pins or mist until you see pins. What is the best approach to using the applied casing layer to it's full potential? 

mushmouth

Fan for a couple of minutes 3 or 4 times per day and keep the casing moist looking.

MagicalCriminal

I guess this is a point of confusion for many, myself also.

Evap is the pinning trigger so fan it if you want pins.  But without enough moisture there won't be much evap. With that thought and watching @aquadoc grows which I thought were pretty darn good, I noticed that his pics showed a slightly dry on top casing which was not eaten up. @MZ has said mist then fan to evap.

So I misted until moist with some droplets then fan until the shine of water was gone but casing still dark. I would not mist the sub again until casing started to lighten(but not dry). When the surface lightened in color I would mist again. Regardless of casing color, the fan schedule was not altered. Lots of fae, but misted just as the surface lightened.  Once pinning occurred, stop heavy fae and mist just enough to prevent drying. If mush got wet, fan to remove moisture from mush. This seemed to work well on gt, volcano, and kss.

• Like 1

Those Who Were

Heck yea that's the way lol ok so same basic principle gotcha. 

Those Who Were

Ok these are the cased GT and PR. How are they looking? Top is PR bottom is GT. It's all white. The lighting sucks

20190831_040914.jpg

20190831_040827.jpg

Its into day 11 for the totes. And an update on my bags. The PES Amazonian is showing dots of mycelium in both bags. The others are still doing their thing I guess. The Pan Trops bags still look ok but 2 of them are far too moist and are looking like I might lose them. Incubating temps are between 82 and 84 daytime. 76 to 80 at night.

• Like 1

mushmouth

More fanning might've stopped the myc from eating the casing a bit.

• Like 1

Those Who Were

I havent put it into fruiting yet so of course no fanning. So your saying to fruit them...

mushmouth
2 minutes ago, Tigerlily said:

I havent put it into fruiting yet so of course no fanning. So your saying to fruit them...

Did you put them back in the inc after casing?

Those Who Were

You say more fanning like that's something your supposed to do during incubation. As I previously stated I let my tubs go 14 days just to make sure. Therefore no fanning yet... 

MagicalCriminal

I haven't had the problem of mycelium eating the casing yet but then I let the casing go light brown before misting. There's still plenty of moisture at the bottom of the casing.

Pics didn't load and driving. Will look later

Those Who Were

Yes I did. Because a ton of reading says case after it colonizes then wait a few more days.

1 minute ago, MagicalCriminal said:

I haven't had the problem of mycelium eating the casing yet but then I let the casing go light brown before misting. There's still plenty of moisture at the bottom of the casing.

Pics didn't load and driving. Will look later

So was I supposed to just fruit it after it was cased? 

So you case and then immediately fruit? I was under the impression your supposed to let it colonize a bit after.

MagicalCriminal

As soon as you case it, fruit it. Remember casing is to maintain humidity. It's not more food for the mycelium

• Like 2