• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

Bojack

I saw the mono tub I am gonna try it after my lc jars are ready do you think 120qt would work if I double everything up and just drill the holes up a little higher or is it gonna be too big 

mushmouth
1 minute ago, Bojack said:

I saw the mono tub I am gonna try it after my lc jars are ready do you think 120qt would work if I double everything up and just drill the holes up a little higher or is it gonna be too big 

That's putting a lot of eggs in one basket, but if you're willing...

Fill qt jars with water and dump them in the tub until it's about 2" deep. That will be around the same amount of jars of sub and spawn you'll need. Stay with the same ratio.

• Like 1

Bojack

Perfect thanks for an awesome way of measuring.  I will keep an update on it gonna be a busy few months. 

• Like 1

MagicalCriminal

As a green house user, I can say it is a little more difficult to dial in larger spaces. I assume the same holds true for monos.

Bojack

I am sure it will go horribly wrong the first couple times but that’s part of the fun plus with lc I should have plenty of chances to get it right.  One thing I have always wondered was while fruiting can I still run my hepa in the room or would that be harmful to what the harvest? 

MagicalCriminal

I don't think horribly wrong. I am suggesting you might have to fiddle with setup a little more due to increased size.

No reason to run the HEPA during fruiting unless it's for you. A fully colonized grow is pretty resistant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bojack

Sweet good to know thanks

Bojack

All I can find where I am at is steer poo is that gonna work fine for the tubs. 

mushmouth

Is that a brand name? One thing for sure, it has to be compost, not poop. I'm thinking it's not actually poop, but you might want check before you touch it.

Bojack

Yeah it’s a compost 

Bojack

Update on the 120 tub so what I did was double recipe for the mono tub and I am gonna add 12 jars to that (only have 10 this run).  I figured about 40qts puts me about where I need to be so that equates to ten gal I out ten gal of water in and made my marks for holes that puts me around 5.5” from the bottom.  Now I am gonna do 4 even space 1x1” Holes on the long sides and 2 1x1” holes on the short sides.  I will let you know how it goes should be ready for the spawn run in a week or so.