So I recently came across a formula that’s supposed to do wonders for the yields and of course that caught my eye so here we are! Here is the link to the actual text if interested: https://patents.justia.com/patent/20180000013

I am not able to completely follow so this is what was left out. No orb water didn’t want to go extra mile quite yet on this demo.Also cumin, and rice were left out,but as the study states 6 is great but 8 seed blend is best. These were noc’d The 22nd of August.Really looking forward to seeing how she does in the mono. 

Quinoa was an absolute pain to dial in precisely without getting to mushy so I had to sterilize seeds separately then add back together. Colonization wise it looks really really strong, lotsa rhizmorphic stuff going on which is good to see. Unfortunately I couldn’t even shake it to speed things up just because how sticky the seeds are they are almost mash at the bottom (this is gonna be fun getting out of the jar!!!😤)

Z1jiC3H.jpg

• 1 month later...

Okkaayyyyy FINALLY the day of taking these puppies to bulk has come!These are some of the purest white I’ve ever gotten to see in some jars.Very little blemishes tho as I stated before it did take quite awhile for the bottom to completely colonize because the quinoa was soggy but nonetheless it’s arrived. For 2 jars I plan on using coir,coffee grains, and gypsum while the other jar just plain coir. Let the fun begin!

They have made it into 4 shoebox type (1isolated)containers. Some with the coffee and gypsum supplement and half without. One container was of concern so it was isolated an will be monitored seperate.

image.jpg

• Like 2

Okkaayyyyy FINALLY the day of taking these puppies to bulk has come!These are some of the purest white I’ve ever gotten to see in some jars.Very little blemishes tho as I stated before it did take quite awhile for the bottom to completely colonize because the quinoa was soggy but nonetheless it’s arrived. For 2 jars I plan on using coir,coffee grains, and gypsum while the other jar just plain coir. Let the fun begin!

They have made it into 4 shoebox type (1isolated)containers. Some with the coffee and gypsum supplement and half without. One container was of concern so it was isolated an will be monitored seperate.

Edit: Small update with pics 2.5 days in. Shoebox with little bit larger fluffier myc is actually one added gyp and coffee too,but honestly not whole lot of difference in growth speed I’m noticing at least not at this point.

Not seeing much in the area of concerns at least not as of yet. Possibly by days 7-10 should be ready to initiate the fruiting an might possibly run into trouble when I go to poke my holes in the container but hoping the myc is built up enough to resist all that Jazz. 

Anyone else wish they had a time machine and could speed this process up just a tad?!?!?

40D0D3BF-F4D0-4DAD-8CC4-C212B4086757.jpeg

FA90C354-9F59-45D2-A46A-207AF5791BEC.jpeg

• Like 1
tonz-o-funguy

looking good!  everyday i wish i had a time machine to speed to speed up the process lol i have been using a variety blend of seeds as a experiment and also i soaked my grain in Italian seasoning bc every herb listed has anti bacterial properties. i add my flax and chia in at the end to help absorb moisture bc theyre all food grade kosher vegan stuff. I cant wait to see the fruits

tonz-o-funguy

I use corn flour when its drying to keep the grain from sticking same ideas as flour and pizza just add a light sprinkle i get corn flour with dehydrated lime in it. i tried 100% flax once that didnt work so well. i also read u can soak them in dawn for 20 minutes and it will remove the gel off of them

54 minutes ago, Robotard said:

Whats the patent #?

I provided the link in the first post....

7 hours ago, tonz-o-funguy said:

looking good!  everyday i wish i had a time machine to speed to speed up the process lol i have been using a variety blend of seeds as a experiment and also i soaked my grain in Italian seasoning bc every herb listed has anti bacterial properties. i add my flax and chia in at the end to help absorb moisture bc theyre all food grade kosher vegan stuff. I cant wait to see the fruits

Have you experimented with quinoa?I utterly despise it at this point!!!I have no other qualms with any seeds just QUINOA it just doesn’t seem to have same shell consistency of the others😤

Flax,chia, an honey are all possible supps. I eventually want to investigate further.

tonz-o-funguy

i actually just got quinoa today i add them after my wbs has soaked just i small amts they get sticky fluid on them flax sucks by itself but for that a few seeds as an addivite.. its fine. I actually just saw growth in my italian seasoning jar(1st run on that maybe next time some cumin🤔) then i read what u posted afterwards so i guess im on the right track lol, everything in there is a natural antibiotic. I look at it like cooking so you gotta make a well balanced meal to have them grow up fast, strong and healthy.

Just some follow-up on experiments.Putting some slight holes in the tubs and it’s go time to initiate!https://imgur.com/a/otzHSE3

My shoeboxes that didn’t get that added gypsum for whatever reason seem just tad bit stronger but we shall see.

1 hour ago, Mycomeso said:

Just some follow-up on experiments.Putting some slight holes in the tubs and it’s go time to initiate!https://imgur.com/a/otzHSE3

My shoeboxes that didn’t get that added gypsum for whatever reason seem just tad bit stronger but we shall see.

Cant see photo, if you posted one. Looking forward to results

• 2 weeks later...

Some good ol follow up action . A day into pinning after a pretty elongated colonization period! So far so good.The gypsum containers seem to have the earliest signs of pinsetting but still much to early to establish anything like that.

https://imgur.com/gallery/c8XBmLi