• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

drdale

Fruiting out of a jar.

drdale

I am having the best luck against contamination in quart jars injected with liquid starter.  Is there enough nutrients (either in sawdust or rye) in a jar to support fruiting oyster mushrooms?

MagicalCriminal

This forum really isn't focused on oysters. Yes it is one of edibles I am interested in but after I am 100% confident in cubes, LM, and Maitake. Lol, still working the first 2 and not yet satisfied.

I believe what your asking is can you grow oyster invitro? Or maybe can you grow oyster invitro commercially? 

Perhaps more study on the life cycle of the mushroom is needed. If I understand it correctly, In cubes we use a low nutrition sub to force the myc to primordia. Too much nutes keeps the myc in a growth stage. The end goal of the mush is reproduce. In order to do that it has to run out of food causing fruiting and sporulation. 

@Mush Zombie am I getting close to why? 

• Like 1

Chuggychow
7 minutes ago, MagicalCriminal said:

I am interested in but after I am 100% confident in cubes, LM, and Maitake. 

Have you been successful with Lions Mane? What is your tek if you don’t mind me asking? LM is next on my list.

MagicalCriminal
8 minutes ago, Chuggychow said:

Have you been successful with Lions Mane? What is your tek if you don’t mind me asking? LM is next on my list.

Check growlog 1 trials and tribulations.

Tek? Your shitting me. This is a cube forum. Lol. I grew myc in supplemented sawdust bags then cut the top of the surviving bag and kept in the greenhouse with the cubes. Managed 1 flush about 1.5 lbs(wet) that made a couple of really tasty omelettes. Good enough that now I believe moisture has been sorted, I plan on getting another syringe soon and trying to keep a crop growing for this mush flavor hater. LM has been the only mushroom I have enjoyed the flavor and texture of.

• Like 1

Chuggychow

Cool, thanks bud! I’m looking forward to giving it a go. 

• Like 1

Mush Zombie
1 hour ago, drdale said:

I am having the best luck against contamination in quart jars injected with liquid starter.  Is there enough nutrients (either in sawdust or rye) in a jar to support fruiting oyster mushrooms?

When you say quart jars, are you referring to grain spawn, or LC? Can you post a pic of the jars, and their lids?

This is not a “cube forum.” That might be what is common, but this website has a lot of information about many species of mushrooms, and several experienced individuals that have grown pretty much everything that is available commercially.

No we don’t do just cubes. I don’t even grow those , and have not for several years (bleh);) I’ll do my best to help you find a solution.

• Like 2

mushmouth