• Welcome Guest!

Please register or sign in to have the complete Shroomology community experience! Become a member today, post topics, get your own profile, personal messenger and more!

El_Piraña

Back at it

Mycomeso
On 10/4/2019 at 10:01 PM, El_Piraña said:

Been 5 days and these containers are almost fully colonized.

E928F5B8-10A0-4BD5-BA9B-942408F1545D.jpeg.4e1dad25fba8169bfde03d3e9bdeeeea.jpeg

You see any sort of difference in colonization times by varying different levels of available O2 in the plastic jars? And seeing the convo kinda circle around problem of harvesting purpose I could innovate a solution. What if you added a sort of horizontal cut that come in about 40% from either side, allow a razor to get hella close to surface. You’ll be able to simply pluck what’s left over right in the middle. Almost kinda like how they harvest button mushrooms. This I’m telling you is wonderful in my head but struggling to convert to words this early in mornin but if your not getting what I’m laying down I’ll try to clarify later 😂 

• Like 2

El_Piraña
5 hours ago, Mycomeso said:

You see any sort of difference in colonization times by varying different levels of available O2 in the plastic jars? And seeing the convo kinda circle around problem of harvesting purpose I could innovate a solution. What if you added a sort of horizontal cut that come in about 40% from either side, allow a razor to get hella close to surface. You’ll be able to simply pluck what’s left over right in the middle. Almost kinda like how they harvest button mushrooms. This I’m telling you is wonderful in my head but struggling to convert to words this early in mornin but if your not getting what I’m laying down I’ll try to clarify later 😂 

Not a bad idea. I’ll see how these go and consider the modification for the next round.

• Like 1

Mycomeso

Please lemme know how the mod works if you do end up making it happen.Would love to know if it’s a viable option.

Robotard

How are things going, Brother? Ive been anxious to see the results. 

• Like 2

Mycomeso

Looking 💪💪💪 mate!!! I think we are both approaching the exciting part  of our endeavors 🤞🤞🤞 The mush gods approve and give us the bounty we have strived for! I’m play my lil babies some soothing music the whole time once they are put into pinning mode.Sending good vibes your way!

• Like 2

Robotard

And.... So it begins.

• Like 1

Erin025

Nice, lookin!

• Like 1

El_Piraña

I swear this is the easiest fruiting method ever.  I literally have not touched these since casing.  Not the highest yield, but easy af.

Here are some almost ready to harvest.

A8F6BA1C-B06B-4FB5-970A-ACE5A1EDA22E.jpeg.558708b8a9ef9eceee7addd73b8728fb.jpegB237D38C-57EC-47EC-B459-45401E7E08A4.jpeg.739654216103480faafa161bb99e02dd.jpeg

• Like 2

Erin025

That’s some awesome growth, for those small tubs. 

• Like 1

Robotard

Please keep us posted, Brother. The results look good. And do you plan on another flush?

• Like 2

Mush Zombie

Do you prefer large mushrooms?

• Like 1

El_Piraña
1 hour ago, Mush Zombie said:

Do you prefer large mushrooms?

No, I guess I prefer small. I’m not sure if they are turning out large because of the fruiting conditions or genetics. The temperature is too high (~75 deg), but no getting around that right now, I just gotta deal with it.

El_Piraña

Thanks for that info MZ. I’ve seen you mention before dosing by quantity rather than weight. I’ve never really taken the time to count how many I’ve taken but I think it would be worth while to start, get a new baseline on trip strength based on qty.

• Like 1

Mush Zombie

You are welcome. Once you do it a few times you’ll see that weight based dosing is good for MJ and some other things but it’s really not accurate for mushrooms. After a while you’ll just develop an intuition of sorts.

• Like 2

Blurrr

It almost seems like, upon the moment of fruiting, the mushroom's potency is pre-determined, regardless of the size it becomes.

• Like 1